AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 9.2.1
This release provides the following updates:
• Performance Improvements and Bug Fixes
We truly appreciate your feedback and want to hear from you. Please take a moment to provide a review so that we can continue to make our product better.
Update: just noticed that when you list the cities you've favorited, the list shows current temp and weather conditions in each one. Marvelous!
I've had the Accuweather app on phones before and it was never like this. This app is beautifully organized. When you open it, the information I need most is right there: current temperature, is it raining, etc. what really impressed me is the increasing level of detail that appears as you pull up from the bottom, with all the relevant stuff easy to get to, including UV index which I can't find on most apps. Keep scrolling down past the hourly forecast of the next few days and you find a succinct extended-day forecast, summarized nicely. Really neat and tidy, easy to navigate, and yet has all the info you could want.
Only one nit: upon opening, sometimes there is an announcement like: "rain will start in 45 minutes." Looking down at the hourly forecast, rain is not predicted for hours, and it doesn't rain in 45 minutes. These announcements seem completely random. The more extended forecasts are more accurate.
Don't know how I have lived without it!
I have used this app for over 2 years now. This app gives so much information. I used it on iPhone5 and now have it on my iPhone6. My favorite is "Minutecast." It has ALWAYS been accurate. I can plan my day with this app and feel confident that I know what is happening and when. I quit watching the local news because Accu Weather beats their forecast every time. I also like how when traveling, I can set it up to automatically give forecasts about my location wherever I may be. Definitely recommended to all my friends and family. Oh yeah, I like to look at Minutecast while it is raining. When lightning strikes outside, it shows lightning on my screen. Something to do when you live in the Deep South and must unplug everything during lightning storms!
Gets worse with each update.
I've had this app for probably 3 years. It's done nothing but regress to the point of being nearly unusable in that time period. This app used to be so clean, easy to use, and have every feature you could really look for in a weather app. It's become complicated. The screen is too busy. It feels like they tried to get everything on one page, with expansions of tabs for each feature. It's like someone thought, "Redirecting to a different, clean and organized screen for the specific feature the user wanted to view, will just be too much trouble. Features, like an extended forecast, seem to be gone. Features that used to be viewed by swiping left to right no longer do so. Now swiping takes you to another city altogether. They seem to change the format so drastically with every update that you need to relearn how to use it every few months. Accuweather has lost it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 12, 2016
- Version: 9.2.1
- Size: 92.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99