AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest forecast with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address. Now supporting iOS 8, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across your iOS devices.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – any longitude/latitude on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.1.0
In version 8.1.0
For this update, we focused on stability and knocked-out quite a few bugs. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.
Please take a moment to leave us a review. Your feedback is much appreciated!
My new favorite weather app
When I had to update my TWC App, the new version was so tedious to use because you had to go to different screens to get simple information. Also, it was littered with ads and took forever to update each time it was opened because of these annoying colorful background pictures that added nothing to the purpose of the App. So frustrating. When I found this AccuWeather App, it was simple and still had all the extra info that I could seek if I wanted it. The temp and "RealFeel" are both together right at first glance -- perfect for quickly determining whether or not to take recess outside. It has some other great features too. It allows me the flexibility of choosing how many days ahead I want to see and the features are so easy to navigate I can easily tell when a snow day will be likely or not. Love it!!
It doesn't get 5 stars. It's not perfect, but it's ver close. Insidiously, it has supplanted my former favourite weather app, eWeather (which is still execellent, too).
1. Thank you for letting me buy out of the productivity-destroying ad flow other apps try to force on users. Thank you for not nagging me constantly to leave a review.
2. A weather app is only as good as the weather info it displays. AccuWeather has made tremendous strides to get the weather forecast right. Good on you!
3. Has a "mini" forecast for the next two hour, a la Dark Sky. Very nice.
4. Has a lot of information with sufficient customisation. Don't like 5 or 10 day forecast? Here you can pick a 7 day forecast. Great!
5. Has the all important weather map I need to see to get a visual where a storm is coming from, how much of it there is, and if I get nailed or just strafed.
6. Has wonderfully detailed and reliable severe weather notifications. Has become a go-to source!
7. Has Today Screen gadgets. They need to be better organised. I would like to display different information on my 8 inch iPad than on my 5 inch iPhone.
All in all, a great effort. My last rating for this app (a couple of years ago) was one star.
Best weather app, but confusing...
This is the only weather app I've used for years and years, and I truly love it. It seems to be more accurate hour-to-hour than other weather prediction apps, especially if you live somewhere with very dynamic weather (I used to live in tropical Hilo, Hawaii). Even though the app delivers awesome results, I still find the interface confusing (even after years of using it) and often get "lost" in the app trying to find the information I'm looking for. Every so often the format changes as its updated, which makes the learning curve difficult all over again. I would give it 5 stars except for that small bit of user interface confusion. Still great and highly recommended!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 16, 2015
- Version: 8.1.0
- Size: 64.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Ko, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99