AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 25 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.5.0
In version 8.5.0
• UI enhancements and fixes to improve performance and stability.
Please take a moment to provide a review. Your feedback is appreciated!
Only weather app that I have kept, to date.
I would say that it's a pretty solid app. I like the accucast. It lets people report realtime conditions with where they're at. So that's a nice feature. I also like the rain estimate times as well. For the most part they seem fairly accurate for some thing(the weather) that is so difficult to predict. Still use the free app, haven't upgraded but I might. I am picky when it comes to weather apps. I'm not meteorologist, but I do look for quality and consistency. So far this has been keeping up with my standards. I've download/deleted several weather apps, and this is the only one that I keep looking back on. I don't even rely on my local news weather apps. I find that this is more user friendly, which is a huge plus for itself. Haven't read too much about this app, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team of meteorologist, storm tracker, and etc. out this app together. It's pretty easy to us and understand all of its layouts as well.
It'd be awesome if you could include things like pollen count. I don't have too big of a problem when it comes to those problems but I know there are several people that suffer from season allergies. Incorporating pollen count I think would earn more 5 stars from more people.
Easy, helpful alerts and reasonably accurate
It's clearly got the best data and real time updates of the weather apps I've used. However, like many mobile apps that pack in so many features and data, it takes a little while to get the hang of the navigation and figure out where stuff is. That said, a few marginal improvements that could perhaps be identified wouldn't make it that much simpler to use the advanced features. All the basic stuff you are likely to want regularly is right there on the home page, so I don't want to give the impression that I suggest cutting features or that it's bad, just the only thing that could maybe get me from a 4.5 (what I'd rate it if half stars were an option) to a 5 would be if I could just ask it questions and it would answer me without having to navigate it all. It beats the competition where it matters, and nothing a quick "welcome tour" video would have given me a quicker start with some of it when I first adopted it. I still have weather undergound's app installed but mainly just to compare. Ditched the others I've tried a long time ago.
Specific pollen counts / allergy reports would be a plus too, but that's because I live in allergen country.
Best weather app for iPhone. Excellent user interface. None of the weather apps are entirely accurate or even internally consistent, but this is the best of the many that I've tried. Very user friendly interface. It's customizable to present the data that interests you most, but even the default arrangement is excellent. Everything you want at a glance or simple scroll-down. By the way, this is one of the few apps (Yahoo's being the other) I've found so far that gives not only the barometer reading but the more important trend direction of barometer, rising or falling, routinely. (Are you listening, Tom Skilling? We love you but why is this missing from WGN's?)
4 stars instead of 5 because its interface on iPad is not as good as the one for iPhone at this time. The iPad interface requires you to scroll across a pretty but cumbersome graphic to get the hour-by-hour forecast, showing only one time point at a time, lacking the iPhone app's ability to see several hours of a day's forecast at once. It would be 5 stars if the iPad version were identical to the iPhone version.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 10, 2015
- Version: 8.5.0
- Size: 60.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99