AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest forecast with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Now supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across your iOS devices.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.2.0
In version 8.2.0
• NEW! Apple Watch support - featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, severe weather alerts and more!
• Plus - UI enhancements and fixes to improve usability on your iPhones and iPads
Like so many other app teams that don't know how to handle a successful app, the team at Accuweather re-designed to introduce useless graphics and codebase to inhibit performance, and navigation within the app that is sheer idiocy.
Have 20 different locations in your list? Swipe to the right 20 times to try and find the one you want. No list provided - just keep swiping. And swiping. And swiping. Oh - and for each time you swipe, you'll need to 'attempt' to swipe about half dozen times; most of the time it misinterprets your swipe as a scroll within the page. So more realistically you will swipe about 120 times to view a location at the other end of entries.
The previous version of the app was far simpler, more efficient and functional. There is little or nothing to be said for this version.
This app actually functions and does not seem to have defects other than it is inaccurate. It says rain, and it's perfectly sunny. One time it showed 0% chance of precipitation and I walked outside and it was pouring. I mean the least they could do is update that 0 to 100 once they walked outside. I check the wind direction published in the app from time to time by licking my finger and holding it in the air, and my scientific method determines from time to time their readings as inaccurate. The whole "feels like" feature- well let me just say when it's 70 degrees out it feels like 70 degrees. I'm not sure how it can feel any different than the outside temp unless you have a fever or are taking the ice bucket challenge.
Good enough for pilots, who use it among other tools, and turned me on to the old web version before apps. I use it to run and ride between storms when I have to if that is accurate. I suggest learning how to interpret barometric pressure, humidity and cloud coverage, as well as to frequently check the multiple radars on the web version for the best accuracy. Predictions cover vast areas on any app, but this one is constantly updated with accurate info.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 8.2.0
- Size: 79.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99