Stream world-class TV from Britain and beyond, wherever you go! To get started, download the Acorn TV app and sign up for a 7-day free trial.
Hailed as “Netflix for the Anglophile” by NPR, Acorn TV offers hard-to-find gems, timeless classics, and newly-discovered favorites from Britain, Ireland, Australia, and beyond. Start a 7-day free trial to watch such fan favorites as Doc Martin, A Place to Call Home, Murdoch Mysteries, Brokenwood Mysteries, Midsomer Murders, and Foyle’s War, as well as Acorn TV Originals you can’t stream anywhere else including Agatha Raisin, Loch Ness, Striking Out, and Detectorists.
Try us free for 7 days!
• Instant access to a world-class library of dramas, mysteries, comedies, documentaries, and more
• New series and episodes added weekly, including Acorn TV Originals, so there’s always something to watch
• Always commercial-free. Watch whenever you want, wherever you want for one low monthly price
• Search your favorite shows and watch immediately or save to your watchlist and come back to it later
• Sign up and stream on all your devices
After the 7-day trial, your Acorn TV subscription will continue at the current monthly or annual rate depending on the type of plan you select. If you subscribe via iTunes, your payment will be charged to your iTunes account. You can easily cancel anytime by turning off auto-renew in your iTunes account settings.
The monthly subscription automatically renews every month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
The annual subscription automatically renews every year unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable.
Terms and Conditions: https://acorntv-help.s3.amazonaws.com/acorntv-terms-of-use.html
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to sign on
Were using this app, primarily on the Apple TV but occasionally on our iPads. Now, when I go to use it on my new iPad Pro it asked me to update my email and password but when I enter the correct credentials I get an error display saying it couldn’t update my profile. So I’m unable to use this app and service on one of my devices.
Update: I finally figured out the issue. Apparently my new iPad restore had something to do with the Acorn TV app profile update issue. I ended up signing out of the app and signed back in and it’s working. Upgrading my rating back to 4 stars.
Doesn’t have any really British TV
I am British, living in the US, and have only heard of 2 shows in this app! It’s full of outdated or terrible content that no one in the UK actually watches. Do a deal with the BBC or Channel 4 to get some new, relevant content! This content is not worth paying for!
I just renewed Acorn thru iTunes and just wasted $5.00 because it is STILL asking me to use my credit card. Either fix this or I want a refund! 😡
- RLJ Entertainment Inc.
- 75 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 RLJ Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Acorn TV Membership $6.99
- Acorn TV Membership $6.99
- Acorn TV Membership $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.