By American Chemical Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ACS Mobile provides readers with a searchable, multi-journal, up-to-the-minute live stream of new peer-reviewed research content (Articles ASAP) published across the Society's preeminent portfolio of scholarly research journals, including the flagship Journal of the American Chemical Society. The application also includes a "Latest News" feed from Chemical and Engineering News -- the Society's industry-leading magazine and preferred source of online news for its more than 161,000 member professionals. ACS Mobile makes a scientist's daily commute, business travel, or time away from the desk or laboratory a more rewarding and productive experience.
ACS Mobile offers the following features:
* Up-to-the minute access to new ACS ASAP Articles, personalized across the entire portfolio of over 40 peer-reviewed ACS Journals
* Tailored "on the fly" filtering options for viewing content from selected ACS titles
* Delivery of an indexed list of more than 38,000 research articles published annually, complete with graphical and text abstracts
* Automatic saving of abstracts for offline reading
* A "Latest News" feed from Chemical & Engineering News Online
* Saving of favorites in a "My ASAPs" folder for convenient offline reading and pushing back to your usual research setting
* Interface to full-text article access (via wireless or Virtual Private Networks) for users at institutions that subscribe to ACS Journals. ID/password-based access is also an option for individuals who subscribe to ACS journals as part of their ACS member benefits package
* Caching of full-text article PDFs for 48 hours to read offline
* Quick Search across the more than 850,000+ scientific research articles and book chapters now on the ACS Web Editions Platform -- discoverable by author, keyword, title, abstract, DOI or bibliographic citation
* Sharing of links and snippets via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter and other options
Stay current. Get ACS Mobile today. A video demonstration of these and other features is posted to http://www.acsmobile.org.
What's New in Version 1.6
Optimized for 4-inch retina displays
Fixed Facebook sharing issues
Added additional sharing options
This is a great interface for following ACS journals. The ability to pull up full text articles is also very useful. However the inability to push those articles out to other apps or even email is a huge detriment! Having to email your saved ASAPs to yourself from this app, open them in a web browser then save to your paper management software is actually more work. Additionally a swipe to delete function for your ASAPs would simplify the workflow as well.
I love this app it's great and extremely helpful staying up to date on recent publications. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the most recent version has no keyboard when you go to search. I believe this is just a quirk with this version but it still is a very poor feature of the app now.
Info on the go
I love this app because it keeps me updated on the new researches that are being done anytime!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 09, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Chemical Society
- © 2011 American Chemical Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.