Action Lists — GTD Task Manager for iPhone
By Metakite Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Action Lists is a task manager and to do list based on the Getting Things Done (GTD) system popularized by David Allen. Action Lists harnesses the power of the GTD system with an easy to use interface that makes it fast to access the information you need when you need it. Your inbox, context lists, and projects are literally at your fingertips.
Unlike other iPhone apps, Action Lists was built from the ground up to facilitate the GTD methodology. It's a specialized tool that makes no compromises. With Action Lists you get the power and features you need to get things done in a package that's intuitive and easy to use.
Action Lists offers a host of features that help you be more productive:
- Synchronize over-the-air with your free Toodledo account
- Search your tasks (including notes)
- Subproject support
- Quick Add feature for fast entry of batches of tasks
- Landscape mode keyboard
- Email tasks to others from within Action Lists
- Create a "tickler file" by scheduling tasks for the future
- Repeating tasks repeat on a schedule that you choose
- Sort lists alphabetically, by due date, or manually (drag and drop)
- Clickable telephone numbers, email addresses, and URLs in task notes
For full details and support, visit http://software.dazeend.org
* Featured on GTDTimes.com, the David Allen Company weblog!
What's New in Version 3.0.9
Version 3.0.9 is a bug fix version of Action Lists. In this version the following issues are resolved:
- Fixed a crash that can occur when changing the sort order of projects.
GTD done right
First, one caveat. I'm by no means a GTD guru and I'm still learning the details. That being said, I've read David Allen's book and I've been using GTD intermittently (my fault, not the process or this app's fault) with more success than any other time management system I've tried to date. I've also tried many task list apps across multiple platforms and Action Lists is the best I've come across. So good that I deleted the others from my phone completely. The sync between this and Toodledo works great, so I can work in either Action Lists or the Toodledo site.
Excellent apps, responsive support
For those looking to implement GTD, this app does it cleanly and by the book with the right options and settings to flex to your workflow. Much better (at least for my needs) than the actual Toodledo app. Also, the main developer is very responsive in the forums... Probably the best support experience I've had with any iOS app.
Synch with Toodledo is the clincher
Good, straight forward app without a lot of fluff. What you cannot do with it you can lean on Toodledo web site and it's functionality. Rarely, if any enhancements have come in the many months I have used it. Still cannot find a better ToDo app for me. Buy the iPod / iPhone version, use it on your iPad in 2x mode, looks fine. Can't see spending for separate iPad app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 07, 2012
- Version: 3.0.9
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Metakite Software LLC
- © 2009-2011 Charles Perry
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.