No more annoying ads on Safari with Adblock Plus for iPhone and iPad. More than 400 million downloads, market leader since 2006. Browse safer and faster, and save your data with the #1 ad blocker in the world!
Ad blocker from Adblock Plus
- Market leader since 2006
- Downloaded over 400 million times
Safe and private
- Ad blocking prevents nasty stuff like malware and tracking that can hide behind ads.
- Reduce the risk of malware infection
- Enhance your privacy
- Recommended by Stanford University, UC Santa Barbara, Electronic Frontier Foundation
You’re in control
- Annoying ads are blocked and some nonintrusive ads are displayed by default
- You can change this setting at any time (Settings -> Acceptable Ads)
More efficient browsing
Ads can cause pages to load slower, eat up your data plan and consume your battery. By blocking ads, Adblock Plus for iOS helps you:
- Save data
- Save battery life
- Adblock Plus for iOS is a content blocker for iOS 9, and it supports the same devices as iOS 9, including iPhone 4s and above, iPad 2 and above, or iPad mini and above.
- Older (non 64-bit) devices such as the iPhone 4 or iPad are not compatible.
- This is a limitation set by Apple, not Adblock Plus.
About Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus for iOS was created by the team at Adblock Plus, the world’s most popular ad blocker. Check out Adblock Plus for desktop!
Discover more at https://adblockplus.org/
- Add your favorite sites to a whitelist
- Automatically update content blocking lists
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Consider using adguard instead.
If you want something that works like ad block plus does on windows, then look for "Adguard". It is definitely the best iOS ad blocker I have used. I was using adblock plus because I really like it on windows. But it is stripped down in ios (no ability to block annoying elements or choose multiple filters) and has functions that don't work, like the whitelist.
Adblock plus is not a bad iOS ad blocker, but you will find yourself constantly having to turn it off as sites detect you are using an ad blocker. Adguard seems to have The ability to avoid ad blocking detection for the most part. They also include a widget within safari that you can use to block ad elements or white list a site. You won't see that with adblock plus for ios (though it has all of that on windows)
Both of these are free apps and open source developed. It appears to me that adguard has implemented all the best features of ad block plus for windows and put them in a iOS ad blocker
The app does what it was advertised to do, but I have the acceptable ads switched off, and yet I go to the site I use very often and I can't figure out a way to block that ad. I don't want to see it. I would honestly rather see be huge empty block of space there.
I gave it 4 stars because we should have an option that allows us to tap and hold to give us the option to block an ad. Not sure if it's out of the range for programmers on iOS now, but it would be better than seeing this really annoying ad, especially since I'm using an ad blocker. Makes me think it doesn't work as well as I hoped it would.
#1...and yet it doesn't work
I followed the instructions. I went into settings:safari
i turned on the button that says popup blockers
I clicked on the thing below it saying additional popup blockers and i turned on the button there that says adblock plus.
I go online andmevery website, i still see the annoying autoplay video ads
i still see the banner ads that follow you and stay on screen as you scroll down
I still see the popups that say "you need to be a member to look at this site"
this app does nothing.
it still lets everything through. . .
and yet, several sites have actually
blocked me, i'll try to look and it says "we see you have an adblocker installed, you must turn it off if you want to enter this site"
so, not only does it not block the ads, it also triggers websites to block my access because they detect it and block me back.
I see other people suggesting use adguard instead
but that one does nothing as well.
I have tried both, and neither of them block the ads.
(the sad part is that this review will most likely get deleted or become invisible and nobody will ever see it. . .)
- Eyeo GmbH
- 30.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Eyeo GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.