Adobe Photoshop Touch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photoshop Touch for iPad lets you combine images, apply professional effects, and share results through Facebook and Twitter — all from the convenience of your iPad.
A new complement to Photoshop Touch is also available: Adobe Photoshop Mix is a free iPad app that enables you to combine and cut-out images, apply looks, and perform non-destructive edits to your images, all compatible with Adobe Photoshop CC.
With Photoshop Touch, you get:
• Core Photoshop features like layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters.
• The camera fill feature for using your iPad camera to fill areas on layers.
• The Scribble Selection tool for selecting part of an image to extract.
• Refine Edge for capturing hard-to-select elements like hair.
• The ability to work on high-res images (up to 12 megapixels).
• Step-by-step tutorials and an inspiration gallery.
• Integrated Google Image Search.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• The ability to open Photoshop Touch layered files in Photoshop CC, CS6, or CS5.1.
• Free Creative Cloud membership with 2GB of cloud storage plus the ability to manually sync between tablet and desktop, access files from the web, and share.
• Requires iPad 2 or later and iOS 5 and later. Not available for 1st generation iPad.
What's New in Version 1.7.7
• Fixed issue with accessing files / folders in Creative Cloud
• Resolved several other bugs
Photoshop... the most advanced photo editing tool!
Just like the original Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Touch is the most advanced app for editing photos on the go. Though it’s no competitor for the desktop version, it’s still a powerful app based on the solid core of Photoshop with basic photo editing tools, filters and effects, and it supports layers and blending modes.
PS Touch lets you crop and resize images, adjust exposure and saturation, and even extract an object from its background. The workspace is designed well with a luxurious amount of screen real estate. The undo/redo buttons are conveniently located and the touchscreen gestures make precise adjustments easier.
Though there are some missing features and some tools (such as the effects brush and the text tool) need refinement, Adobe has done a good job of bringing the best photo editing tool to mobile users. It’s definitely just the starting point, and I’m sure we’ll see vast improvements and new features in future updates.
There are some useful tutorials there, but no need to mention that Photoshop Touch is not for everyone. Photoshop users will need to have it as part of their editing toolset, but others may want to look for something easier and more intuitive for mobile editing for social networking. For me, it’s a must-have tool and combined with Pixelmator, I can easily organize and edit my photos on my iPad.
Everything I Need
With a bit of practice, I've been able to make this app do everything I need for image editing. I use it almost daily to prepare product images for the website I work for.
Can't show or load any images from Photostream
The product manager appears to be on vacation.
Even with version 1.7.7, Photostream images cannot be opened. How can such an important aspect of Adobe's flagship application be ignored, with no explanation? Imagine if Photoshop for Mac could not open photos taken from iOS?
Photostream used to be a useful image source in PS Touch. But now my Photostream images show as gray placeholders, and it says that they are the wrong file format. "Make sure it is a valid PNG, GIF, BMP or JPEG".
It used to work.
It's broken, and even after deleting the app, and losing all my projects, Photostream does not work. I had to restore my iPad to get my projects back.
Adobe used to be the best.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 21, 2015
- Version: 1.7.7
- Size: 56.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- © Copyright 2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.