Adobe Photoshop Touch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photoshop Touch for iPad lets you combine images, apply professional effects, and share results through Facebook and Twitter — all from the convenience of your iPad.
A new complement to Photoshop Touch is also available: Adobe Photoshop Mix is a free iPad app that enables you to combine and cut-out images, apply looks, and perform non-destructive edits to your images, all compatible with Adobe Photoshop CC.
With Photoshop Touch, you get:
• Core Photoshop features like layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters.
• The camera fill feature for using your iPad camera to fill areas on layers.
• The Scribble Selection tool for selecting part of an image to extract.
• Refine Edge for capturing hard-to-select elements like hair.
• The ability to work on high-res images (up to 12 megapixels).
• Step-by-step tutorials and an inspiration gallery.
• Integrated Google Image Search.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• The ability to open Photoshop Touch layered files in Photoshop CC, CS6, or CS5.1.
• Free Creative Cloud membership with 2GB of cloud storage plus the ability to manually sync between tablet and desktop, access files from the web, and share.
• Requires iPad 2 or later and iOS 5 and later. Not available for 1st generation iPad.
What's New in Version 1.7.5
• Creative Cloud automatic sync is disabled; Sync files manually
• Updated manual upload/download functionality for Creative Cloud
• Various bug fixes provide an improved overall experience
Photoshop... the most advanced photo editing tool!
Just like the original Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Touch is the most advanced app for editing photos on the go. Though it’s no competitor for the desktop version, it’s still a powerful app based on the solid core of Photoshop with basic photo editing tools, filters and effects, and it supports layers and blending modes.
PS Touch lets you crop and resize images, adjust exposure and saturation, and even extract an object from its background. The workspace is designed well with a luxurious amount of screen real estate. The undo/redo buttons are conveniently located and the touchscreen gestures make precise adjustments easier.
Though there are some missing features and some tools (such as the effects brush and the text tool) need refinement, Adobe has done a good job of bringing the best photo editing tool to mobile users. It’s definitely just the starting point, and I’m sure we’ll see vast improvements and new features in future updates.
There are some useful tutorials there, but no need to mention that Photoshop Touch is not for everyone. Photoshop users will need to have it as part of their editing toolset, but others may want to look for something easier and more intuitive for mobile editing for social networking. For me, it’s a must-have tool and combined with Pixelmator, I can easily organize and edit my photos on my iPad.
Worked until it didn't...
Downloaded this over a year ago and never had a problem with it until now. The app froze while saving a project and had to be forced to close, but when I reopened it there were no projects listed anymore, the project screen is just blank. Even when making new projects and saving them, they don't show up.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it would fix the issue, but it still won't show any projects at all, even simple ones I just created after the reinstall... Basically, the app just doesn't see that the projects are there. It just went from being a very useful app, to completely pointless...
Crashes, many crashes
So I've had Photoshop Touch for maybe 2 years now, and it worked fine the first year and a half, but now it just crashes ALL the time. Sometimes when I'm working on a big project that I haven't saved for a while, it will crash and lose everything. Also, I started making a font about 2 hours ago, and when I finished B, I was about to save it, and then it crashed. The thing is, it took a long time to do B, and I didn't want to do it over and over again. The next time I started B I saved it half way through, and when it successfully saved, it crashed, and now when I try to open up the project it crashes, every single time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 24, 2014
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 55.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.