Adventus: Daily Catholic Meditations for Advent and 12 Days of Christmas
By Valent Richie
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This app will provide you with daily meditations for Advent and 12 days of Christmas.
The meditations are based on the book titled "Meditations on the Gospels for every day in the year" by Père Médaille, S.J.
To help you to meditate every day, there is a daily reminder feature in which you can set the timing of the reminder.
The meditations are:
First Week of Advent:
• Sunday: The Last Judgment
• Monday: On the Sentence in favor of the Just
• Tuesday: On the Sentence pronounced against the Wicked
• Wednesday: The Sinner Arraigned at the Judgment Seat
• Thursday: On the Necessity of a General Judgment
• Friday: "The kingdom of heaven is at hand"
• Saturday: On the Predestination of the Blessed Virgin
Second Week of Advent:
• Sunday: "Prepare ye the way of the Lord" - I
• Monday: "Prepare ye the way of the Lord" - II
• Tuesday: "Prepare ye the way of the Lord" - III
• Wednesday: St. John came to preach the Baptism of Penance - I
• Thursday: St. John came to preach the Baptism of Penance - II
• Friday: On the Penance which St. John preaches
• Saturday: On the Sacrament of Penance
Third Week of Advent:
• Sunday: On the Uncertainty of the State we are in
• Monday: On the Decision of our Fate
• Tuesday: On the Presence of God
• Wednesday: On the Words: "Who art Thou" - I
• Thursday: On the Words: "Who art Thou" - II
• Friday: On the Words: "Who art Thou" - III
• Saturday: On True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin
Fourth Week of Advent:
• Sunday: St. John hears in Prison of the Works of Christ
• Monday: "Go and relate to John what you have heard and seen"
• Tuesday: "Blessed is he whosoever shall not be scandalized in Me!"
• Wednesday: "To the poor the gospel is preached"
• Thursday: On Poverty of Spirit
• Friday: On the Doubt of St. Joseph
• Saturday: On the Journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem
Twelve Days of Christmas
• Christmas Day
• Feast of St. Stephen
• Feast of St. John the Evangelist
• Feast of the Holy Innocents
• The End of the Year
• On the Blessings we have received from God during the Year
• On our Omissions during the Year
• The Circumcision
• On the Name of Christian
• Third Day of the Year
• On the Good Resolutions we should make at the Beginning of the Year
• On the Mystery of God becoming Man for the Redemption of Mankind
What's New in Version 2.1
Swipe the content to proceed or go back to previous one
Tap on an image to enter full screen mode, pinch to zoom, and swipe away to dismiss
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus support
Another prayer and thought provoking app from Mr. Valent
Excellent for helping me focus on Advent and better prepare for the Nativity of the Christ-Child, Emmanuel. It is something nice I can do at the office on my lunch hour to help me combat the daily secular battering.
To the lady who said it was doom and gloom and did not teach love, please talk to a devout priest, you are definitely missing the fullness and love shown here and in all Mr. Valent's apps. May God bless you all deeply and may you bring the Peace of Christ to your heart and you bring yourself into and surrender to His Sacred Heart.
Our pastor recommended that we download this app. Just purchased it today and it's awesome! Love the artwork that comes first before the reflection; it really helps me reflect by looking at different parts of the art.
I wish there was a functionality though where the artwork can be saved so I can share it with others or have it on my lock screen. A video that contains visual analysis/prayer of the piece would be great too so that viewers can be guided in prayer through the art. Im an artist myself so its easier for me to do this.
I also wish that the reflection of the day would be the first thing that pops up when the app opens and that there'll be a button to go to other days of reflection if the user so chooses.
Other than that it's a great app and will be using it everyday this advent season!
Use it every Advent
I have used this app as my Advent prayer ever since I first found it. It is a straightforward and reliable preparation for the celebration of the Nativity. I also recommend it in person to those asking for some way to pray during their own preparations for the Christmas Holiday.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 50.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Valent Richie
- © 2014 Valent Richie
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.