By Lakehorn AG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Check out AeroWeather Pro with even more functionaility. **
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO code, or based on your current location. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
This is the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad version of the AviationWeather widget.
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
What's New in Version 1.5.3
- added: access to more Brazilian airports via Redemet; access to airport details and charts from iFlightplanner (US only)
- fixed: improved loading for METAR/TAF; flightrule indicator bug when ceiling was missing; minor bugs
- data: updated station database
Great app for pilots and aviation geeks
If you're looking for a simple app to display METAR/TAF, this is for you. Simple to use with accurate decoded translations. The links to iFlightPlanner and AirNav are nice touches.
My only very minor complaint is that you cannot do a one-time check on an airport without defining it as a 'station'. e.g. I'd like to do a one-time check on KLAX or KSFO without adding them to my station list. Not enough of an issue to lower from 5 stars. Good job!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Lakehorn AG
- © 2008-2015 Lakehorn AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.