AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 6.0.6
We’re excited to present a new version of the AIM app with a ton of improvements!
- A common experience across both iPhone and iPad.
- Based on your valuable suggestions, AIM is now ad-free!
- Performance improvements when changing orientation and viewing photos in conversations
- Improved the display of conversation history
- UI enhancements and numerous bug fixes from user feedback
Continue emailing us directly at email@example.com if you are having any issues.
Works well but one problem.
It works pretty well and i haven't had problems with it for at least a couple years till now. I just bought a bluetooth keyboard to use with my phone and when i use it with my phone iOS hides the keyboard. The way AIM handles this is very buggy and the layout doesn't stay hidden. Ultimately for this reason I'm going to be using another app cause its very annoying.
Not "smooth" mixed with iChat/Messages chatting
Also feels a lot less reliable over the years chatting with same AIM account mostly on iPhone (~TXT) but sometimes via iChat/Messages when I use my Mac OS X(s). For example, used to smoothly stop iOS notifications ONLY during the time I was marked as 'Available' in iChat/Messages and then seamlessly start iOS-notifying back up as soon as I become 'Away' again in iChat/Messages.
The new version has lost its functionality
I have used aim for four years now. The new version has lost its functionality. It crashes repeatedly unexpectedly. It skips around message streams. And then crashes again. I am using the latest iPhone system, and this is now a useless app to me. Unfortunately I am stuck using it with my organization, but I'm going to use something else until it is fixed as a primary means of communication. Please fix this
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 04, 2015
- Version: 6.0.6
- Size: 15.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.