AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.3.0
TouchID is now available on AIM!
We heard you ask for improved security on the app with TouchID support so we added it! Note that this is only available on devices that have TouchID recognition (sorry, older iPhones; we’re good but not THAT good).
As always, please continue to request features and report issues by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poor quality software
Are you guys hiring? Your dev team clearly needs some help. I can't imagine Apple would approve an app this shoddy from an Indy dev, it's baffling to me that a company such as yours has such poor quality software. As a developer, I'd be nervous about demoing this, let alone shipping it. You probably ought to just start over because I don't even know where to begin. Start by having a look at Apples human interface guidelines. Step one. Get yourself trained on how apps work and how humans interface with them. It's like you're designing for a mouse and keyboard still. Once you understand the basics of mobile, try adding more features. Until then just stop. None of them work. I enabled Touch ID. It doesn't work. I'm not even sure how you have that bug. It's all stock SDK if you're doing it right. And if you turn it off it turns on again. I've said no to reviewing the app a million times, it doesn't actually work when you say don't ask me again. It's an F, it shows a lack of basic comprehension of iOS development.
The greatest app
This app is groundbreaking! The most smooth flowing app of all time! I know this is a brand new app but I encourage everyone to download and enjoy this app! The transitions from feature to feature example friends list to chat are done incredibly beautiful! Thank the lord almighty for such an innovative fresh new app! My life is now complete! This app is guaranteed to change your life forever!!!
I love this app. They redid it from the first time I used it a few years ago, it was pretty bad. So I was using another app that let me still use my AIM screen name, but that was starting to give me problems so I tried to use the updated AIM app and love it now! They made improvements and I prefer it now over the other app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 05, 2016
- Version: 7.3.0
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2016 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.