AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.0.2
Thanks for all of the feedback and continue to report issues by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We’ve now added an option to increase the font size for chats!
- Increased font size in social updates and comments
- Additional crash and bug fixes
Just like the AIM I grew up with
Remember when the only way to know what friends across campus were up to was to check their away message because we didn't have cell phones? Well, the current AIM app is still as great as ever. Excellent features, intuitive, never crashes. Heck, I was even able to still log in and use my old screen name. On second thought, that part probably isn't so great.
Very useful, with occasional lag
AIM is nice looking and easy to use, and supports images, gifs, SMS messages and fonts well.
I have occasionally had problems with badge notifications that don't go away until the app is closed, and sometimes it takes a few long moments to load new messages, but overall I'm very satisfied.
Good-- just one issue
I began using AIM recently for chatting with a few internet buddies because of how quick it is and how convenient the app is; one little complaint I have is that whenever someone new messages me, it hides the message and I can't find it. Perhaps I just can't find the way to make it be shown again, but I think there should be an easier way to retrieve messages like that.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 07, 2015
- Version: 7.0.2
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.