AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.1.2
Thank you for all the feedback! Please continue to report issues by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated the link to reset passwords
- Other improvements
Still Need Option to Disable Vibration
Clearly AOL doesn't see this as a big deal since they have yet to add this feature. I am telling everyone from personal experience that you can save an hour or 2 of battery time per day if you turn off vibration in apps and rely strictly on sound. This is a huge deal especially for this with an iPhone 5s or older which don't have as good a battery life as the newer iPhones.
That all being said even without the ability to disable vibration it is the best AIM app out there. IM+ was but recently it's gotten worse and worse with conversation deletions and sound issues.
I love it, have been on aol since I was 14! And all my friends still use it and we love it, but it would be cool if we could be able to send emojis from the aim to someone's cell phone # when we're communicating. That would be awesome! Please add! Thanks! 🙏🏼✌🏼️😍
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 7.1.2
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.