AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
Thanks for all of the feedback and continue to report issues by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This build includes:
- Improvements to Liking and Commenting.
- Allow sharing of an IM.
- Fix for offline messages getting cut off (thanks for reporting!).
- Additional crash fixes.
Just this one thing will satisfy me
The app overall is fine in my opinion but the only thing that I'm still waiting for to happen is to be able to send videos in the chat. Like I know you can send links to videos but I want to actually send like a video from my camera roll to someone (I have an iPhone 6). So yeah. If this could be added into the next update that would be wonderful :)
Facebook messenger is sooooo 2014
AIM is where it's at. All the kewl kids are doing it. Minus one star for not having keywords.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 01, 2015
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.