AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.1.1
Thank you for all the feedback! Please continue to report issues by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Fixed the issue with notification sounds
- Other improvements
Not bad but an annoying bug prevails
There have been many improvements but with every improvement it seems a new bug is introduced. This time im's from a week ago from spam bots (which I have reported and blocked over and over) return and show up as a new conversation. I have to scroll to find them. I could ignore them but the badge pops up and I want to see if I have actual new im's. Old conversations I have closed have re-appeared along with the spam. I have to constantly delete these and the spam. It also does not refresh often so someone that looks online will actually be offline and visa versa.
Perhaps next update we could focus on making the app work well rather than looking better?
Effective app, sends messages most of the time. Bad things: Sometimes does not send messages for no earthly reason (will be in strong WiFi and say "message not delivered"), sounds only work when app is already active, and are nonexistent if phone is locked (which is useless because the reason for sound alerts is to know when a message is received without having to be looking at the screen when it's sent.) Good things: Easy to use, very simple, intuitive. Aside from above, works just as it should. Not horrible to look at.
I've been using AIM for such a long time, but it's really nice and convenient to have the app as well. With technology getting more advanced, it's good to see that the program is upgrading appropriately.
There are still some things I'd probably change, but overall I enjoy using this app. Especially bc I end up away from the computer and can still get the conversation on here, as well as the computer.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 7.1.1
- Size: 17.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.