AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 6.0.7
Thank you for your feedback! Please continue to send us your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org
This version packs plenty of updates based on your feedback,
- Added a 'Delete' option to remove past updates
- Fixed a bug with the display of GIF images
- Fixed a bug with voice dictation
- Retrieving message history is now much more reliable
- Multiple crash and bug fixes
- General performance improvements
Long time user - App is getting worse as time progresses
AIM for iOS is horrible. It is not optimized for iPhone 6 or 6 plus, making it a huge nuisance for me to use. The interface is really unpleasant altogether. It's as if the app was designed by amateurs. I've been an AIM user for many years. If it weren't for my history with it, I would avoid it at all costs. I do not recommend it to any new users. There are much better alternatives. It's really sad to see it going downhill so quickly. I would hate to see the service go unsupported or discontinued, but its fate seems inevitable now because clearly they aren't even making an effort anymore.
I'm very happy with this app. Huge upgrade over whatever previous version I used once or twice before seeking out other platforms that let me use AIM. Love that there are no ads - big thank you to AIM for that. I have a 6 plus and think the app looks fine. Clean, pretty design. Easy to use. Deleted the other app I was using for AIM, as this is much nicer, less complicated, and has no ads.
The chats don't disappear entirely like they used to, although I still get some responses (usually mine) that disappear from time to time. The thing that I don't like is this recurring white bar that always comes up at the bottom of the window. When using hotspot it makes it very difficult to navigate away from the IM window without hitting the blue bar at the top to go to my hotspot settings. :( also lately AIM just refuses to connect to FB chat.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 06, 2015
- Version: 6.0.7
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.