AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
• 3D Touch enabled for supported iPhones - Force press the app icon to view shortcuts
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.3.5
· Bug fixes and improvements
· Removed unsupported social updates
I enjoy using a purely instant messaging app. Nothing flashy. Don't have to worry about accidentally video calling my boss in another state while I'm looking like I just rolled out bed. Really enjoy the simplicity of this app. I'm only 27 and enjoy this app tremendously for work and social. But reiterating, using this for work has taken away the stress/anxiety of accidentally video calling the boss while looking like I haven't owned a hair brush since don king did. There are tons of other apps with video calling features. I say leave that to those apps and keep AIM as it is! Don't change a thing, aol. Love the app.
Is there a reason we can't have colored fonts and make chat rooms?
Why is AOL bent on killing Aim? This iPad version is inferior to the original iPad app from 8 years ago. You could at least customize it so it isnt this bland stark white background.
Same goes for the desktop Aim. The new versions are so bad, everyone uses the old ones from 8 years ago. Instead of bringing either up to par with their aging counter parte, they decided to kill them and force you to use these useless, garbage apps a tenth of there former glory. AOL has steady taken features away instead of innovating.
There must be am easier way to kill Aim then force this on us.
I have used this app since the day it was created! I love it. So quick and easy to "chat" with my sister in another state. Easier than texting. No problems other than I wish the box could be made smaller. It takes up a large square of my desktop.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 05, 2017
- Version: 7.3.5
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2017 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.