AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.1.3
No fancy changes with this version but we’ve made a ton of under the hood improvements to make the app smoother and faster on iOS9.
Also, thank you for all the feedback! Please continue to report issues by contacting us at email@example.com.
Unable to Send Messages
I've loved this app and it's worked just fine until the last 24 hours when I started having problems. I have an iPod 5, iOS8 and in the last 24 hours I've experienced issues with not being able to send messages. My internet connection is fine but for some reason I'm unable to send messages. Anyone have any suggestions? I love the app overall, just this problem is annoying.
Need to be able to edit
Some of the bugs are gone since last update however, it would be really helpful if Aim would allow you to edit in chat or delete harmful links posted as this has been explained to me that links posted in chat is how rooms / groups get hacked ..so if a link is posted by mistake it would be nice to be able to delete it ! 👍🏼👍🏼
I like it overall
But sometimes it eats replies when I bounce between my computer and the app on my phone. I sometimes don't get notifications and sometimes my contacts disappear even after I've added them. It's not a bad app though, I can get over that stuff
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 17, 2015
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.