AIM (Free): Free SMS, Chat, Group Chat, Voice Messages
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We've been listening to your feedback and we've rethought our app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is designed for the latest iPhones. We're always happy to hear from you so please reach out to us at email@example.com to let us know how we can make the app even better!
AIM is the best way to keep in touch with people and groups, no matter where they are. With AIM, you can chat with friends on AIM, Facebook and Google Talk. You can also start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations with your desktop and web clients seamlessly.
• Chat with your friends from AIM, Facebook and Google chat networks
• Comment and like Facebook and AIM posts right from the app
• Use AIM to post your status to Facebook or compose your Tweet
• Say goodbye to paying for SMS. Use AIM to send and receive messages. Just type in your friendís mobile number and start chatting*
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/kick members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ìDo Not Disturbî to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you donít want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
• Connect to Facebook Chat and Google Talk in your chat networks settings
*Msg and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 6.0.5
Thank you for your feedback! We value your input and strive to resolve all issues brought to our attention. Please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues.
- Fixes for many of the reported crashes
- Fixed an issue with image uploads
- Improvements to the app reconnect logic
- Squashed many other bugs based on user feedback (thank you for that!)
Does what I need it to, but that's it
I needed a way to message my AIM contacts away from my computer. This works, but is buggy, and probably the worst feature is how the notifications are managed. I can only set the notifications to fully on, or fully off. That means, if they are on, and I'm messaging someone on my computer, my phone is literally going off EVERY SINGLE TIME someone messages me. AIM can seemingly not detect if I am active on another platform.
Some bugs - every time I open the app, it freezes to download the history of my current conversation, but locks me out from using it while doing so. Also, many of my friends are shown as typing a message permanently.
The app has also not been updated for iPhone 6.
Still not the greatest
AOL fixed the copying issue from the last update which is good. But it's still choppy. I used to be able to scroll up and look at an old message and type while reading it. Now when I click the box to type it scrolls down and won't let me stay at the same place as seamlessly as the old version. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds that annoying. Why does AOL have to make other things worse to make these 'problems' better? I would have gladly taken the old occasional add pop up than for the ability to type and scroll to be choppy and obnoxious like it is now.
App is better than before
It's prettier but still works terribly. Every time they fix one issue another pops up.
But still does not always hold settings but does better than previous versions
Even with the latest update settings still don't stay as set. This app is really not very good. The settings don't stay where you put them from one used to another Which makes it terribly frustrating to use when you have to redo your settings every time you open it. One would expect much better from AOL for as long as they have been involved with the Internet.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 11, 2014
- Version: 6.0.5
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.