By Avatron Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wherever you go, there's your Mac.
New from Avatron, the folks who brought you Air Display, Air Stylus, Air Sharing, Air Dictate, and Print Sharing … Air Login keeps you connected to your home and office Macs while you're on the go.
Air Login connects over the Internet to present your Mac OS X screen on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. A virtual trackpad lets you move a mouse cursor around on the screen and interact with the Mac user interface.
There are other remote-access clients in the App Store. But none can compare with Air Login's ease of use. With Air Login you spend less time panning around a big screen and more time working with your Mac apps and documents.
• Air Login keeps the Mac menu bar pinned at the top of your iOS screen, even while you zoom and pan the rest of the screen to focus on small UI elements. The menu works instantly because it's cached locally, and doesn't need to communicate back to the computer until you select a menu item.
• A Mission Control-like feature called App Grid lets you quickly focus on a particular Mac window or app.
• A custom keyboard gives you all of the special Mac keys that you need.
• Avatron's advanced Air Connect server connects your devices even if they're behind firewalls, on a cell connection, or on a very restrictive network. If your Mac can surf the Web, Air Login can operate it remotely.
This version of Air Login can only access Mac computers running OS X 10.7 or later. You will need to install the free Air Connect app on your Mac.
And the Air Connect app itself gives you awesome great connectivity power:
• Connect from Mac to to a remote Mac
• Use Mac OS X's excellent built-in sharing services
• Screen Sharing (VNC)
• File Sharing (AFP)
• Terminal (SSH)
• Encryption of all communications
We love cloud-storage apps like Dropbox. But with Air Connect, you can stay on the free DropBox plan. Rather than storing every file that you might want to access remotely, inside your Dropbox folder, just use Air Connect to go back to your remote Mac to grab a file when you need it. Never pay $100+ per year again for getting to your own files. As an added security benefit, when you access files through Air Connect, your files never go through our servers and are never stored in the cloud.
Your free Air Connect account lets you use Air Login to connect to any number of computers on your local network, and lets you connect any local Mac to any other. If you want to connect to a remote Mac, you can subscribe to the "Air Login Anywhere" service.
If you like Air Login, please leave a user review here in the App Store. If you have questions, visit avatron.com/support for tech support via email or live chat.
What's New in Version 1.2
• Fixed a Air Connect server outage. (Sorry about that one! We had to move to a new server to enable all of these new features!)
• Merged Air Connect with our Everydisk Kickstarter project. Now Everydisk and Air Connect are one and the same.
• Added lots of Mac-to-Mac features to the free Air Connect companion app:
--- Mac-to-Mac remote connection
--- Encrypted remote access to all of your files with File Sharing (AFP)
--- Remote Screen Sharing (VNC)
--- Remote Terminal (SSH)
Like Air Login, all of that is free for use on your local network, but requires a subscription for remote use.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to update the Air Connect app on all of your Macs, so that you can connect to them. And don't forget to update the Air Login app on your iOS devices.
Good idea but does not work and poor customer service
Hi, I really though I found it, I bought this app and the yearly subscription. Big waste of money!!! Server has been down most of the time, customer service states just a very few users are affected (really, come on from three computers and 8 iOS devices at home all of them have the same problems) not being able to login or having to login overtime you turn on a device, so no access to your Mac server (mac mini) when you are away from home.
Also advertisement sent is misleading, making you buy some upgrade promising the holy grail……waste of time and money. This kind of behaviour should b e ban here at the apple store. Providers that promise something and don’t fulfil the expectations/promises should be ban and money should be returned to the buyers, just like that, providers will learn that they have to act and be serious about doing business.
NONFUNCTIONAL: Connect servers down since Apr 27, 2015
EDIT: Avatron responded to my email in less than 24 hours (on Thanksgiving, to their credit) and is in the process of helping me troubleshoot. They have indicated that the blog post is very out of date, was not updated when it should have been, and that everything was resolved within a few days. I don't yet have Air Login up and running, but they're doing their best to help me so far.
Preview review was:
As the other reviews state, it doesn't work. There are no support articles on the developer's site for this product (only their other apps), and there is an article dated April 27, 2015 that describes the servers going down for "several days and will be offline for several more". While technically correct, 7 months is a long "several more".
Avatron, if your app is going to be unusable for that long, you really should remove your app from the app store. At the VERY LEAST, you should disable the ability for customers to give you money for a subscription to a product that hasn't worked for several months. To continue to allow people to pay you for a known nonfunctional service is unconscionable.
App doesn't work
This app is terrible. Granted it's inexpensive, but it has never worked. I sent tech support an email and was assured that an update would be forthcoming. I've seen nothing yet. Don't waste your money.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 75.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Avatron Software, Inc.
- © 2015 Avatron Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 90-day Air Login Anywhere subscription$4.99
- 365-day Air Login Anywhere subscription$14.99