Fly the exotic Himalayan mountain range, testing your piloting skills with 12 different aircraft including helicopters, airplanes, and ski planes! Experience landing on icy Glacier Lake, frozen rivers, and mountain top runways. Changing weather conditions make it challenging to earn points to unlock new missions and planes.
Updated to work with iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Cool game, needs help though...
Yes the missions take a bit to load but their duration is just about perfect (iPhone 4s) Here's a few critical improvements:
1. Helicopter controls. Change throttle to collective.
2. Panel. Need a horizontal indicator, vertical speed indicator, and accurate air speed and altimeter.
3. Flight Plan. On the load screen for the paid version, add a flight plan to include altimeter setting and altitude for departure and destination.
4. Flight dynamics. Cutting throttle should result in the nose dropping and a drop in altitude, not just slowing down. Pushing the nose over should result in an increase in airspeed and opposite for pulling back.
5. Controls. Need rudder pedals for the accelerometer option and an inflight calibration.
As this is mainly a landing game, these 5 improvements I think are pretty important. Altimeter to find the correct pattern altitude; HSI to help in turning base and final; ASI to control rollout on landing for the heavier aircraft; and rudder control to manage crosswinds and coordinated turns.
I realize this is an above average airplane driving game and not a sim, but it could be a great sim.
Oh yeah. And if the points don't mean anything, just get rid of them.
At the very least....
The game description should tell you upfront that only one Cessna is provider and that the rest need to be purchased. After initial flights with the Cessna the points accumulated were small. At 50,000 points no aircraft were released. Bought a C-17 and took the score up to 105,000 and still no airplanes unlocked. The game designers would do better to be more honest and unlock aircraft and hovercraft, progressively. It would have a semblance of honesty and maintain interest.
This seems coming from the same "engine" as Airplane! or Fly Hawaii and I almost skipped it until I gave it a try.
I almost skipped it because "oh come on, in the Himalayas ? All snow and ice?". We'll try it yourself and you'd like it!
The most unique feature here is the altitude you don't learn in the previously mentioned two games. It's pretty difficult to even find those airports in the mountains at the beginning so you got lots to learn and do.
The realism? Ok it's a good flight game. The map and track feature is good. There is no time-compress mode but the altimeter is correctly "base-10", not a "clock face"; if you know what I'm talking about.
Everything extra seems to be purchasable, not earn-able.
Very good game and great job done!
- Tri One Games LLC
- 132.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Tri One Games
- In-App Purchases
- Game $15.99
- HC-130 $1.99
- Unlock CH-53E Super Stallion $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.