Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.
AirPlayer can access media files on your Windows 7 directly. view http://www.edavs.com/forum/ for more details.
AirPlayer can stream movies from a NAS to your AppleTV 2 without iTunes!
view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXM2PcBVos for more details.
Videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHfRJCap0w
- Automated media server discovery on local network, also with a refresh function.
- You can add server manually, then you can watch your movies outside the house.
- With iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod generation 3 32G/64G, iPod 4G and iPad, you can stream almost any formats of video from your media server, XVID, AVI, RMVB, MKV, MOV, MP4, M4V etc.
- With iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod generation 3 32G/64G, iPod 4G and iPad, you can stream almost any formats of music from your media server, MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC etc.
- With eailer iPhone/iPod , You can use QuickTime plugin to view limited media formats, MOV, MP4, M4V, MP3, WMA, MP3, AAC.
- Support photo browser.
- Support photo thumbnails.
- Support showing snapshot of the media file. [need server provide]
- Support search function.
- Support Airplay feature.
Media Servers that have tested working
- Mac OS
MediaLink, TwonkyMediaServer, PS3 media server, Majestic, EyeConnect, Vuze, Playback, iSedora, Orb, TVMOBiLi
Windows7, XBMC, TVersity, TwonkyMediaServer, Wild Media Server, Asset UPnP, FreeMi, Serviio, SAMSUNG PC Share Manager, Mezzmo, UIStream, Nero media home media server,TVMOBiLi, KooRaRoo
MediaTomb, FUPPES, uShare, Coherence, TVMOBiLi, Minidlna streamer
HP MediaSmart Server[with twonkey media server], Synology DS101, DS106J, DS-207+, Iomega, QNAP, LaCie, thecus 3200,FreeNAS, Buffalo, Western Digital My Book Live, Linksys NAS 2000, NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo, Linksys media hub, D-Link DNS32, Linksys E3000, LG N2A2, eTrayZ, ZYXEL NAS210, Panasonic Blu Ray Disc Recorders DMR-BS885, mycloud-duo
Sony Ericsson C905, orb live for iPhone/iPad
Don't have a UPnP/DLNA media server? Get one from the URLs below:
- Mac OS
PS3 media server, http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
Wild Media Server, http://www.wildmediaserver.com/
Asset UPnP, http://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm
SAMSUNG PC Share Manager, http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/BD-C6900/XAA
By the way, If the media server you are using not works with AirPlayer, please write a mail to us, we will consider to add supportive for it.
1. Why I can't play the files listed in AirPlayer?
If you can get the file list but you can't play the file, make sure you have disabled the transcoding function in the server side.
2. How to add media server manually?
You need to input your media server’s description address to add the media server manually, then you can watch your movies when you outside your house
*Twonky media server.
*PS3 media server
If you have added other media server successfully, tell us!
What's New in Version 1.1.09
- iOS7 UI update.
Doesn't really work
I bought this to use with a local DLNA server (Serviio). I know that my device can play the files from Serviio - if I copy/paste the URL into Safari, QuickTime opens and the file plays just fine. But I wanted a DLNA client that could browse and launch QuickTime.
AirPlayer browses the server just fine, but it never actually requests the media file. I reported this to the developers three months ago and they never implanted a fix (as a developer I know this would be easy) so I'm giving 1 star. I would give zero if I could.
Love the idea of this app and the ease of use is spot on. Am experiencing one annoying problem however. The app has difficulty holding the destination setting. While watching a movie on the television, the display will suddenly stop and switch back to my phone. This really needs fixing!
Epic if you aren't stupid
If you have any networking abilities you will be able to enjoy anything you want on your TV. I love it. Jeezus. I'm taking time to let people know. I doubted this app at first. Had a free $10 iTunes gift card. Took a chance cause I had nothing to loose. Good stuff. Thanks.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 13, 2014
- Version: 1.1.09
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Breton, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Jonathan Young
- © olimsoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.