Al Jazeera English for iPhone and iPad brings you curated top stories, live and on-demand video and personalisation, free of charge. Follow our global coverage of the topics and programmes that interest you and share your favourite stories and videos on popular social networks.
Features of this app:
- Breaking news alerts and special coverage notifications
- A curated home screen that brings you the top stories and original reporting from our global news network
- A personal Newsfeed for quick access to Saved Stories, Topics and Programmes that interest you
- 24-hour access to our live video and audio stream
- Watch the latest episodes from your favourite programmes and news on-demand
- All the latest news, features, opinions and blogs from Al Jazeera English
- Browse and follow Topics, Programmes and News Categories
- Search our complete archive of content
- Share stories on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and more
Note: Some video content of Al Jazeera English is not available in the US. This app features content from Al Jazeera English.
Offline Viewing: You can now view content inside the app even when you're not connected to the internet.
We've also made a number of performance improvements to make the app significantly quicker.
We’re always interested in hearing your feedback, so if you have any please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Follow the money.
Got that right! For your edification the deal between the news media and Bill Clinton in 1996 was the beginning of the love affair. The networks were afraid that they wouldn’t get there share of the new available frequencies that the FCC was splitting up at the time. The Clintons needed air time and at that time were next to broke. The Clintons promised the Networks special consideration after the election for air time. The deal was struck and we got Clinton. The networks got more than their share of the best new available frequencies. It’s the best example of selling political favors ever. Thanks for asking the question!
This is true journalism
Since Al Jazeera closed its broadcast news in the US, this app has become a reliable substitute to the largely skewed domestic propaganda. I have been pleasantly surprised by the balanced approach with which Al Jazeera presents world coverage of the news. They are not swayed by national, religious or other parochial interests, a standard that even the world's purported democratic leader finds difficult to attain. It is little wonder they are hated by Arab and Western countries alike, especially countries whose hypocritical actions frequently place them in AJ's crosshairs. Keep reporting the news and we will keep reading and sharing them.
Amazing Unbiased truthful reporting
Apart from the HQ being based outside the Anglo-American sphere of influence, this news station simply speaks truth to power despite constant bombardment (its headquarters and journalists where literally attacked) from dictatorial regiems. Don’t listen to those you say this is fake news. Just give it a try. As an African I find it the best most current most objective news source that does not contain any ulterior motives. The app could have a nicer UI but apart from that even the app is of a high standard.
- Al Jazeera Network
- 125 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013 Al Jazeera Media Network
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.