Notify your loved ones when a seizure occurs.
The Alert app works with the Embrace watch by Empatica www.empatica.com/embrace/. When Embrace detects a convulsive seizure the app automatically sends an alert through phone call/SMS to the designated caregivers in order to shorten first response times.
The Alert app is your reliable companion for epilepsy management.
Alert app allows you to:
- send automatic calls and SMS with your GPS location to your caregivers when a seizure is detected
- review your seizure activity and track frequency
- enable caregivers throughout different periods of the day (e.g., enable teachers or colleagues only for specific intervals or days)
- disable Embrace Light & Vibration for a good night's rest
- check on Embrace's status, battery and memory levels
- receive notifications when updates and new features are available
- activate Rest Mode to enable higher sensitivity of Embrace seizure detection when you are in restful activities, like watching TV or having a nap
EU: the Embrace Watch is a medical device of class IIa according to the directive 93/42/EEC, for patients with epilepsy or at risk of having epilepsy.
USA: Embrace is not a medical device. The Alert app is reserved for clinical trial participants only.
We’re always challenging ourselves to improve Embrace for your needs.
This new release delivers:
• a new notification when Caregivers confirm an alert call will now be rolled out gradually to all users
• under the hood improvements to the Alert Delivery System
We’d like to hear how the new updates are supporting you. Write us with any suggestions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Watch causes burns, app crashes, terrible customer service
When we first bought the watch a year ago it had a lot of bugs which we expected for a start up. Customer service, at that time, was good. They listened and fixed the problems.
Fast forward a few months to where they started charging a monthly fee (as if the watch wasn't pricey enough) the customer service went down the tubes.
The watch would crash, it wasn't connecting to Bluetooth to receive data, and there were always updates to the app which never really fixed the issues.
When my son experienced burns on his wrist from wearing the watch, the only "remedy" was to charge the watch and put it on him again??! This is not acceptable. The burns happen in the night, probably when the data is loading. It's like it was too much trouble for them to investigate the issue. We've discontinued use.
Many connectivity issues
This app does not stay connected to the watch. It is in and out all night, regardless of the proximity to the iPad/iPhone. As another user mentioned, my daughter has also sustained burns on her wrist, most likely from the watch heating up while searching for the connection. Very disappointing and not reliable at all for detecting seizures.
Great app but crashing
I love the creation of this device and the app. It’s revolutionary but the app crashes quite often.
- Empatica S.r.l.
- 149.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Empatica Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.