This iOS app requires the companion Alienware Mobile Connect PC app available, for free, through the Microsoft App Store. The companion PC app is available on Alienware PCs purchased starting in January 2018. Alienware PCs purchased before January 2018 are not supported to ensure the highest level of quality you expect from Alienware. We are investigating expansion to Alienware PCs purchased before January 2018.
Alienware Mobile Connect creates an advanced and wireless integration between your PC and iPhone. Enjoy iPhone functionality through your Alienware PC’s mouse, keyboard, and touch screen. Make or take calls, send and receive text messages, and access your phone’s contacts through your PC.
• Install the Microsoft Store app on your compatible Alienware PC, if it’s not already factory installed.
• Install the companion iOS app here.
• Launch the Alienware Mobile Connect PC app and follow the quick, guided, one-time set-up to wirelessly connect your phone.
• Phone calls – Initiate and receive phone calls through your PC’s speakers and microphone.
• Text messaging – Send and receive text messages using your PC’s keyboard, mouse, and touch-screen.
• Contacts – Access your phone’s complete contact book through your PC.
• Notifications – Your phone's native and 3rd party notifications will appear on your PC.
• PC: Alienware PCs purchased starting in January 2018.
• Mobile: iOS 10 and above.
For installation or other questions, please contact Dell support at www.dell.com/support
Ratings and Reviews
I love using this - I’ve been wanting something like this for a long time.
I got a new Alienware and had to use this feature after finding out about it.
Some issues though:
- When I make calls, I can hear people just fine, however my mic doesn’t work. Really scratching my head especially since the desktop client has no mix options.
- iMessage or SMS attachments are not viewable - this is honestly the biggest let-down since most of my messaging is done with attachments (images, specifically). Same with on desktop - you can’t attach anything to messages (again - images). Really hoping for this - also emailed them with a suggestion about this as well.
- Notifications don’t stream to desktop. I’m not sure if this is a limitation on iOS, but this would be a killer feature to have since most of the time my important notifications aren’t only messages.
So far besides these issues the app is amazing, and it makes me enjoy using my phone with my computer.
Nice idea but balky
Worked a few times with my iPhone 6, but establishing the Bluetooth connection was problematic; usually required multiple attempts, removing device, restarting Bluetooth, etc. Once established, the connection was unstable, and sometimes when I was writing a text message the software would crash mid-sentence. Finally gave up. Will wait for improved version.
Works great, BUT!
Would like to not have to have my phone on, with the app up. It should be able to work in the background that way it doesn’t drain the phone battery as much.
- Screenovate Technologies LTD
- 2.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Dell Inc. (Powered by Screenovate Technologies Ltd.)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.