By Ismail Alper Yilmaz
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alpus is a dictionary viewer and Wikipedia browser.
• Fast and fully offline operation
• Comfortable user interface
• Typing friendly search with case, diacritics, punctuation tolerance and phonetic matching
• Wildcard, fuzzy, full-text search
• In-page popup translator and many other browsing facilities
• History, bookmarks, and save to file
• Text Viewer applet for rapid lookups during readings
• Vocabulary Exerciser applet for language practice
• Support for StarDict, XDXF, DSL, DICTD, and TSV/Plain kinds of offline dictionaries
• Support for ZIM files and MediaWiki database dumps for offline Wikipedia
• Text Viewer
Combines dictionary lookups with a basic text viewing application. It can be used to read eBooks in plain-text/UTF-8 format or to read/translate text such as news.
• Text Indexer
“Import Text” option creates dictionaries from arbitrary text that could be extracted from any document, including office documents.
• Vocabulary Exerciser
Picks random words from dictionaries or history and asks you guess it.
• Desktop Companion
The app also works on desktop computers. The desktop version can be used to set up dictionaries on a computer and then synchronise with the mobile version using a common wi-fi connection. Except for importing very large dictionaries, it’s completely optional and distributed as freeware.
Note: This app is not a dictionary in the sense of word-definition pairs, but a viewer for dictionary data packed as a complete list of word-definition pairs. You need dictionary data in a supported format to use this app, with any language you wish and fully offline.
What's New in Version 5.5
• Added app icon shortcuts
• Made several internal enhancements for compatibility and performance
• Fixed miscellaneous bugs
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 15, 2017
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 52.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ismail Alper Yilmaz
- © 2017 NG-Computing
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.