Just beyond the horizon sits a majestic desert, vast and unexplored.
Join Alto and his friends and set off on an endless sandboarding journey to discover its secrets.
Soar above windswept dunes, traverse thrilling canyons, and explore long-hidden temples in a fantastical place far from home.
Along the way, you’ll grind across vines, bounce atop hot air balloons, ride towering rock walls, and escape mischievous lemurs – all while uncovering the desert’s many mysteries.
• A standalone experience. Alto’s Odyssey is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Alto’s Adventure, but you don’t need to have played one to enjoy the other.
• Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete 180 goals — all with intuitive controls.
• Explore Biomes. From the dunes, to the canyons, to the temples, explore a rich and diverse landscape, with each area boasting unique visuals and gameplay.
• Newfound heights. Discover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails, and wall riding.
• Master the elements. In addition to dynamic lighting and weather effects like sandstorms and shooting stars, the desert is home to swirling wind vortexes and rushing water.
• Meet Alto and friends. Unlock six unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
• Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you and the endless desert.
• Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pinch, swipe, pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot, and share them with friends and family.
• Original music and handcrafted audio. Headphones recommended!
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Odyssey is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases. Purchase once, play forever.
To make your time exploring the endless desert a little more pleasant, we've taken care of a few lingering issues. This update should fix:
• Game Center Achievements. Distance and goal-based achievements weren't properly registering for players who had completed them. They should be now! This includes retroactive credit for achievements earned.
• Goal 1, Level 53. The logic for this goal wrongly requiring players to be wearing the wingsuit, but the goal text didn't mention that. We've removed that requirement.
• Trick point issues. In order to bring more balance to earning a high score, we've prevented the Wall Jump trick from triggering more than once on the same wall surface.
Ratings and Reviews
The wingsuit lets you soar above the sand. Have you unlocked it yet?
Alto for president
This game. This beautiful game I discovered in college with my best friends, altos adventure came first we loved the interactive game play of just tapping a button on Apple TV, it was easy day and night and even under the most inebriated of circumstances. The music fired us up to go the bar and nothing felt cleaner than landing a triple backflip of a jump. We found ourselves saying “quick shred on altos before we go out” and plenty of times we didn’t go out so we could beat the next level. I missed my flight home my senior year because We couldn’t bounce off a rock and grind and when I finally hit it we celebrated like it was 1994. I found later after my career in college this game was for my phone as was dumbfounded. Same gameplay on the go. I played for weeks in any free time I had, on the toilet, in between breaks from work, even after laying down with a pretty lady. This game changed me. Then one glorious morning I swiped to the left by accident and saw this game altos odyssey was coming soon. I quivered. I preordered the game faster than you could say llama. On February 21st my wish came true I was granted the sequel to MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME. I’m a painter in grad school and started taking graphic designer classes because of this game. Safe to say I want a job. But more importantly thank you for a wonderful second installment you’ll forever make my bathroom breaks and car rides worth it. PS a pop socket works wonders.
would be a perfect game if it ran well
Alto’s Adventure is my favorite mobile game of all time, and basically a perfect game in my opinion. Alto’s Odyssey should be an even better game, as it’s essentially just an improved version of the last game. However, there’s a serious problem with this game that I noticed immediately, and it makes me not enjoy playing it at all. While Alto’s Adventure ran perfectly on my iPhone 6s, making it a wonderful, zen-like experience, Alto’s Odyssey does not run well on my phone at all. It hitches constantly, and can’t achieve anything close to a smooth framerate. There’s nothing satisfying about playing the game in this state, which is a shame since it should be just as satisfying as playing Alto’s Adventure is. Needless to say I’m very disappointed by this, and until the game is optimized better or has an optional lower-graphics setting that runs better, I’m probably not going to open the game again. I understand that the creators wanted to improve the graphics for this new game, and that my phone is not the newest model so maybe I shouldn’t expect it to run perfectly. But the game is advertised as being compatible for phones as far back as the iPhone 5s, and my model is just 2 years old, so I should have been able to safely assume that it would run well on my phone. I kind of feel like I wasted my money here, but I’m still rating it 3 stars for now because I’m pretty sure this will be a perfect game if (hopefully when) it is better optimized.
Hi there! We recently launched an update (version 1.0.2) which optimizes performance and gets rid of a lot of the frame drops mentioned in your review. We're so sorry for the less than optimal experience at launch, and hope this goes some way to addressing that. If it does, and if you'd like, returning to the App Store to amend your review helps us a great deal. Thanks so much for your time.
- 199.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Team Alto
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.