Have you ever wanted to draw like a professional artist?
Are you fascinated by symmetry and tessellations?
If so, Amaziograph will help you express your creativity
Amaziograph lets you create breathtaking tessellations and mandalas in an easy and fun manner. The intuitive user interface makes drawing easy and relaxing, and advanced features make Amaziograph suitable for everyone from children to professional artists.
Amaziograph offers you a choice of 12 symmetries you can combine to draw anything. Once you touch the screen, the stroke is simultaneously drawn in multiple sections of the canvas, turning your movement into mesmerizing tessellations and mandalas.
* 11 types of symmetries
* Brush and eraser tools with adjustable stroke width, softness and opacity
* Paint bucket tool
* Easy to use color palette -- mix colors just like you would do in real life. If you still want to choose colors with RGB values, you have that option too
* Canvas size up to 4096x4096px
* Automatic correction of circles and straight lines
* Draw dashed and dotted lines automatically
* Export your artwork in JPEG and PNG formats, or in Amaziograph format to share with other Amaziograph users
We cannot describe the feeling of drawing with Amaziograph - it’s up to you to discover your inner art nature.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I really like this app. It has a lot of features that are not immediately obvious, but a few additional features/fixes would make it even better.
- the fill tool doesn’t work as well as it could. If I draw a circle shape in black and then fill it with blue there are transparent pixels remaining between the fill and the outline. In addition some of the outline pixels are covered up by the fill. It would be great if the fill could be restricted to “behind” the non-transparent outline, at least when the area being filled is transparent.
- it would be great if we could specify exact coordinates when adjusting the grid. The preset adjustments are helpful for staying lined up but not all inclusive. For example it would be nice in hexagons + rotation if you could switch which point is used for rotation.
- when enlarging the canvas without stretching it would be great if the new areas of the canvas could be filled in using the current symmetry rather than being left blank.
Long time user, it keeps getting better!
With the newest layers function this app opens new doors for me! I keep finding new ways to use my designs. I currently use this app to create cricut iron on cutouts for my tee shirts. Thank you for the transparency layer. This is really helpful for making my designs. The only thing I would add right now would be a color wheel as some suggest even tho I mostly work in black. A vector brush or line smoothing brush would be amazing! That would make this app the ultimate! As far as mandala apps go, this is the best I’ve found so far! It’s my go to app for mandalas! Try it, so worth it!
Developer Response ,
I can use it but...
The lag gets very annoying after a while. Everything starts out okay, but as my mandalas get more detailed, I find myself waiting sometimes 5-10 seconds for the undo button to function. And sometimes the drawing even lags, which is even worse.
I would also like more precise control over brush size-the slider is very difficult to control, and almost impossible to duplicate.
Update: yes, Amaziograph devs, I would like to be a beta tester. I sent an email earlier today asking to be a tester, as a matter of fact.
Developer Response ,
Hi, The new version is coming in beta testing today. Are you willing to be a beta tester to check the issue with lag?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.