Use the Amazon Alexa App to set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates, and much more. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANIZE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
The following new features will be rolling out over the next few weeks to US customers.
Location Based Reminders and Routines:
• Set reminders such as “Alexa, remind me to turn on the dishwasher when I get home”
• Create a routine that instructs Alexa to turn on the lights when you’re a block away from home.
• Save personalized locations to use with location-based features.
Email on Alexa:
• Connect your Gmail, Outlook.com, and Hotmail email accounts with Alexa to check your email hands-free on supported Alexa devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Still has issues . . .
Someone wrote that a list of issues has been resolved, but I still have issues controlling the volume of the speaker from the app. It’s like even though I’ve got something playing, it says there’s a connectivity issue and therefore I am not able to change the volume from the app. I don’t understand why. This needs to be fixed! I shouldn’t have to interrupt what’s playing to ask Alexa to turn the volume up or down. What’s playing doesn’t pause while I’m talking to her and then I miss the content that’s playing.
Also, what is the point of all these skills if they can’t be an option in routines. I think it’d be great to say goodnight then open something like white noise or a sleep podcast or something like that. But the only thing you can do when creating a routine is play music, listen to the news, get the weather or traffic or sports updates. The options are super limited. Maybe I want to fall asleep listening to white noise. I don’t want to say, “Alexa, goodnight,” then have to say, “Alexa, read play white noise.” I should be able to say goodnight and she automatically plays white noise.
On that note, I think I should be able to choose different news flash options. In the morning, I don’t have time to listen to a lengthy news report like I do at night. I want to be able to choose a news brief that includes only two or three news sources for the morning, then maybe four or five news sources at night. That should really be an option.
List feature a problem - updated
Developers have fixed the list issues with a recent update. Very happy with the app now.
I use this app primarily for the list feature (I have a new baby so I track all feedings, diapers and update the shopping list for groceries when my SO goes to Whole Foods) and agree with other reviews on here that the list feature has become a huge hassle. I used to have no problems accessing my lists. Now, when re-opening the app I’m unable to navigate to another list or add additional items to my lists without having to completely close the app and re-open it again and wait for it to gather all my data. I can then use the list function normally for that session, and will have to dismiss the app again and re-open it to update it again the next time I need to (which is about 20 times a day because I’m tracking feedings and diapers with a newborn). I continue to use it because it’s a great help to add items to my lists via several echo dots I have in the home, but manually updating the lists when Alexa can’t hear me (over a hungry crying baby for instance) is my main issue with this app. Would be thrilled if developers could fix this feature as I have enough to handle at this moment without constantly fussing with the devices that are supposed to simplify life, not complicate it.
This app no longer works properly. For the past several weeks, I’ve gone to several different stores to shop. Before I leave home, I make a shopping list, but when I get to the store the app won’t open. I get the comment “No Network Available” “Please connect and try again”. I checked my settings and cellular data and cellular roaming is turned on, but I’m unable to open or sign in to Alexa. The next day it might or might not work. I have LTE cellular service and a fully charged iPhone 7 running IOS 11.4.1. I’m now leaving the second store today without completing my shopping because I depend on this list function. I guess I have to revert back to the olden ways of paper & pencil. I’m very dissatisfied, but hey it’s free you say. Well it’s turned into a huge time waster for me because now I’ll have to go home and scour through the sales ads and either recreate my lists or make a paper list. When I get home the app may actually open, but when I get to the store....nothing. Maybe you ought to fix the issues that exist now before you keep proudly adding and advertising more and more new functions and capabilities to the app, which evidently seem to be causing problems with its former user-friendly and basic functioning.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 323.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AMZN Mobile LLC 2014-2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.