Prime Photos from Amazon
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prime Photos from Amazon lets you back up, organize, and share all of the photos and videos from your phone, computer, and other devices. You can access all your photos on nearly any device and share them with family and friends. Prime members have access to unlimited photo storage, can collect photos with up to five family members or friends, search for photos by keyword, and more.
AUTO-SAVE AND BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS
Auto-save photos and videos from your phone to back them up automatically. This free photo storage app keeps your photos and videos safe, even if your phone is lost or damaged. Once your photos are stored in Prime Photos, you can delete them from your device to make room on your phone.
FREE PHOTO STORAGE FOR AMAZON PRIME MEMBERS
Amazon Prime members receive free unlimited photo storage as part of their Prime membership.
SEARCH FOR PHOTOS BY KEYWORD
Only for Prime members and members of their Family Vault, quickly find specific photos by searching for the things in your images, like "dog," "sunset," or "Seattle." The app organizes and tags your photos automatically so everything is easy to find.
COLLECT PHOTOS TOGETHER
Prime members can invite up to five people to their account to store photos together in the Family Vault. Your invited family members and friends can store unlimited photos from their own phones, computers, and other devices, and everything is kept private unless it's added to the Family Vault.
ACCESS PHOTOS ON ALL YOUR DEVICES
Once your photos have been saved to Prime Photos, you can access them from nearly any device. Finally get the photos from your old laptop, your phone, and your desktop together in one safe place.
- Auto-save photos for easy backup and to free up memory on your device
- Back up your photos and videos securely with Amazon
- Share photos and albums via SMS, email, or other apps
- See your photos on your FireTV or on the web
- Prime members can search photos by keyword, location, and more
Prime Photos from Amazon offers secure cloud storage and online backup for your photos and videos. This free online storage app lets you upload, view, and share your important photos right on your phone.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- Get a notification when you have This Day photos.
- Jump to specific dates to quickly scroll through and find photos.
- Tap and drag to select multiple photos and videos at once.
- General bug fixes and improvements.
- Collect unlimited photos with up to five family members or friends in the Family Vault.
- Tap the banner in the Family Vault to see photos added by each person.
- See photos of different people grouped together to browse by person.
- Type in a word like “beach” or “sunset” to quickly find photos of specific things or places.
Pretty nice auto backup with room for improvement
Auto backup is pretty fast, and I love the simplicity of creating and adding to albums. But there are a few things I'd where I hope to see improvements in the future:
1. If a photo is deleted in the main backup folder, it is deleted from albums as well. I did not find this out until I lost my daughter's artwork. Fortunately, I still have the original in iPhoto, but this brings me to the second issue...
2. If a picture has been deleted and you want to add it back manually, you can't unless you go in and change the title of the photo so auto back up doesn't see it as already having been uploaded, which is a huge pain if you need to do it to a huge swath of photos. If you want to add a photo manually, you should just be able to...think about how often you might edit a photo in another app. You can't upload these unless you change their title.
3. The family sharing album is really cool, but it would be great to see expansion of its organization capabilities. I've also not been able to add a family member, and I've called support, and they still don't know why it's not working.
Good app but somewhat cumbersome
I like this app especially because it's free and provides a lot of much needed storage for my large collection of family pictures. I find that it's not as intuitive or user friendly as I would like because uploaded pictures not only takes a lot of time but it's also difficult to tell if I am uploading duplicates which I want to avoid. It's a little confusing to understand how the different albums interface with each other as well. I also don't like that every photo taken by either my wife or me is automatically uploaded to our common album. I would like to see a more user friendly sorting interface and to be able to determine if I have uploaded duplicate pictures. Otherwise, this is a great way to consolidate all of our pictures in one place and have them backed up at the same time.
Very Happy with Prime Photos
When I found out this was available for free for Prime subscribers I immediately switched from the previous backup system I was using. I love that it is unlimited storage of full size photos. Others usually offer unlimited storage for reduced file sizes. With Prime Photos I also sprung for the $60 per year for unlimited video and file storage. I just really enjoy the peace of mind that everything is backed up in one place and accessible anywhere. Also super cool that we can view our photos on TV with our Fire Stick! There are a few things they can do to make Prime Photos a little more sophisticated, for example the ability to hide certain "people" - like the strangers in the background of photos - but overall I am very happy with this service and would recommend to anyone.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 06, 2017
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 76.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2016 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.