Amazon Music with Prime Music
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Expand your music collection with Amazon Music that includes Prime Music.
Prime members enjoy unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs, expert-programmed Prime Playlists, and ad-free Prime Stations for FREE. Listen anytime, add to your collection or download to play offline.
Deciding what to listen to is simple:
• Start an ad-free station by a genre or an artist and enjoy unlimited skips. The more you listen, the more personalized your stations get.
• Find playlists by genre, artist or the top 50s programmed by music experts. We've done the work for you so you don't have to.
• Discover something new with song and album recommendations personalized just for you.
• Search or Browse through the Prime Music catalog.
In addition to Prime Music, the free Amazon Music app lets you stream your music library from the cloud or play locally on your iOS device:
• Play music you’ve bought from Amazon – MP3 or AutoRip CDs or Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud by visiting www.amazon.com/musiclibrary on your PC or Mac. Once imported, the music is available on your iOS device and all other Amazon Music apps.
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix with Prime Music songs to make the playlist of your dreams!
Visit us at:
What's New in Version 5.6.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Amazon Music has a brand new look! We've replaced our ≡ menu with a more convenient bottom navigation. Control playback while browsing with our new circular miniplayer. Drag it to the right or left to skip forward or back in your tracklist. You can switch to Offline Music Mode from Settings -- look for the gear icon in the upper left corner.
Bring back the old app!
Either I don't know how to use this app any longer, or all of its fine features have been removed. I used to be able to find a page listing the order of shuffled music; which tunes were played and which were about to be played, as well as the current song. There was an option to choose the artist, which showed all available free prime music able to be added to playlists and/or downloaded onto device. Also, from the list of shuffled music, swiping left would show the entire album. All of these options were far superior to the iTunes app, but this new version is comparable to iTunes, so I may return to iTunes, because it's easier to download purchased music from my device than to have to download it from my computer in order to import it into Amazon's app. Amazons app used to be a great incentive for prime members because of all the music that was available to easily download into playlists. If these features are all still available, there's no intuitive way to find them on this new app.
best music app I've used
I've tried hundreds of music apps and this one wins by far. I've been able to find my favorite music, and, unlike any app I've used, I can listen to them without wi fi which is amazing. There are a few small bugs. But there have been with all the other apps (usually worse) so considering what the app does, the tiny little bugs really don't upset me. Sometime the x-Ray lyrics are a bit off, or I have to press pause twice to make the song pause. But overall I love it. One thing though that does annoy me is that you have an artist that's prime but some of their best work isn't.
Still the best music app for your iPod
I can see that they tried to improve the onscreen controls by making them larger in the latest release. That was not needed, in my opinion, but it is ok. I do like that the time slider bar is always available now, and it seems more responsive than before. As to the concern someone else had about the volume control being missing, it is still there under the tri-dot in the upper right hand side of the screen during playback. I kicked it down a star because I miss the full screen lyrics mode. I'm going to keep playing with the new interface though and see what else is new.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 20, 2016
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 58.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.