By Kai Aras
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ambify - the Hue enabled jukebox turns music into light using Philips Hue Smart Bulbs.
Being the first of it's kind, Ambify combines the simplicity of a jukebox with the endless new possibilities offered by Philips' Hue System.
It's a s simple as starting the app, selecting your lamps and choosing a playlist.
Ambify then applies our nifty algorithms to analyse and visualise your music in real-time using the lamps you've previously selected.
Here's a short overview:
* Beautifully designed music player
* Universal - looks great on iPhone and iPad
* Access music in your iPod library
* Real-world music visualizer using Philips' Hue
* Just works - smart algorithms adapt to your music
* FX Section - tweak visualizer settings as you like
* AirPlay - use the visualizer while sending music to an AppleTV or other AirPlay device - no problem!
* Color Themes - create different color themes for different types of music
* a Philips Hue starter-kit (or advanced setup) is required for music visualisation
* Ambify works best with the following devices:
iPad2, iPad3, iPad4 or iPad mini
iPhone4s, iPhone5 or iPodTouch 5thGen
Older devices may be too slow for Ambify to work correctly.
Disclaimer: Ambify is not affiliated with or endorsed by Philips in any way.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- Fixed another crash
- Fixed issues with lamp selection
- Fixed some UI glitches
I've never reviewed an app, but I was so pleasantly surprised by this app that I had to. It does exactly what I hoped it'd do. 2 step set up process, that's it. Any song in my iTunes library is instantly represented with my 6 hue lights just like any music player visualizer. Blinks, fades, color loops, all coinciding with the different peaks and valleys of the eq range. Works with songs I didn't buy off iTunes as well. I'm using an iPhone 6+ if that's relevant to anyone. Great app, time for some house parties
Great effects, music selector needs work
Best hue app for coordinating lights to your songs because it "reads" the file and knows what's coming rather than the sound being played.
However, the song selector needs work. It needs a search function and a quick scroll so you don't have to manually scroll through every song in your entire library to find your songs.
Best Hue Music App
Omg, this is seriously the best. Yes it has a few hiccups, but it's nothing that a restart of the application can't fix.
To the person that said you were waiting for the serial number. Maybe you shouldn't be reviewing software since you clearly don't know how it works.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 05, 2014
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kai Aras
- © 2013-2014 Kai Aras
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.