AmpliTube CS for iPad
By IK Multimedia
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***NOW WITH EVEN MORE FREE GEAR MODELS PLUS "FENDER COLLECTION 2" AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE TO BOOST YOUR TONE LIVE, IN THE STUDIO AND ON THE GO.
Want to turn your device into the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio? AmpliTube puts the power in your hands with a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and everywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and speaker cabinet w/Mic — you can even drag and drop your stomps to sit before or after your amplifier (4 slots pre and 2 slots post).
Just plug your instrument into your iPhone or iPod touch with one of IK's instrument interfaces (like iRig 2 or iRig HD), and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube gives you 7 creative stompbox effects, 3 amazing amps, 3 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, 1 Loop Drummer groove from the Rock pack and 1 active track in the recorder section. You can of course expand this selection via a massive library of over 100 pieces of gear that includes amps and stompboxes from the world’s best brands like Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, T-Rex® and many more.
Thanks to AmpliTube's Cab Room, you will actually feel like you are in your own professional recording studio. Now mic your cabinets in 3D - from dust cap to speaker edge and by varying distances from the speaker - with up to 2 mics in a beautifully rendered virtual studio environment. There are also 16 new highly sought after studio mic models available via in-app purchase adding even more sonic richness.
Get creative with loops in AmpliTube via its Super Looper, which is available through in-app purchase. It makes it easy to record, play back, adjust levels and play along with up to 4 loops. Looper is controllable via MIDI or iRig BlueBoard.
Need a drummer? Use the built-in Loop Drummer system to jam to killer drum tracks. Use AmpliTube’s streamlined built-in 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio (available via in-app purchase) sections to record, edit and tweak and share your compositions via SoundCloud, file sharing or email.
What's more, the acclaimed Fender Collection 2 is now available for AmpliTube iOS via in-app purchase. Based on IK’s revolutionary Dynamic Interaction Modeling™ technology, it delivers a whole new level of realism, making it possible to fully replicate the behavior of EVERY component in the circuit all the way down to its quirkiest nuance and character in a non-linear and dynamic way.
With 4 models based on the astounding Fender Custom series plus 3 original vintage models from the 50's / 60's, Fender Collection 2 is the key to boosting your tone both live, in the studio and on the go and lets you play with the iconic amp models that made the history of music.
• Lets you intuitively create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Expandable - Over 100 gear models available
• Includes 7 stomps, 3 amp, 1 cabinet and 2 mics
• “Cab Room" allows 3D placement and miking of cabinets with 2 mics (available via in-app purchase)
• Add more gear via in-app purchase from Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, Jimi Hendrix™ collection, T-Rex® and more
• 16 new mics available for purchase
• Included single-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support (available on iOS 7 and above)
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable
Low-latency for real-time playing
Requires iPhone 4s, iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 8.0 or later
What's New in Version 4.4.0
- Fender Collection 2 models available via in-app purchase
- New Free Stomp effects included: Crusher, Dcomp, FeedBack, Phazer10
- New Free Amps included: Vintage Metal Lead, 360 Bass
- Added rest blocks to the Loop Drummer
- AmpliTube FREE for iPad changes name to AmpliTube CS for iPad
- General reliability improvements
Working like a charm.
I added the 5th star from 4 after getting back into tracking.
I need to get used to the varying degrees of gain staging again. It's been awhile since I've used amplitube and it seems like the signal is either really hot or not hot enough, especially if I'm trying to record any clean tones. Seems like that's because there's some discrepancy between levels at all stages of the signal path that don't necessarily end up at the same levels that they initially sounded like.
With an initial line in, then an amp level, then your effects that can drastically effect your levels, the track volume level, and the post effects effects level (without compression I lose lots of volume here) there's a lot of staging.
But that's just something to get used to and I haven't even checked the forums to see what might be protocol.
Bottom line is I prefer the UI over any other ios multitracking app and the effects sound much more like effects .. they can get noisy, but that's not a big deal either.
(I'm a big fan of using the looping feature for accidental tracks also)
Thanks again for getting the cloud iap thing worked out. That's what I was trying to do last time I used the app, but it sounds like any and all bugs have been squished.
ITS ALL GRAVY.
THANK YOU AMPLITUBE!
As promised the 5th star.
IK Multimedia products are difficult to use
I'm extremely frustrated with IK Multimedia. I bought the iRig HD 2 and it was not working. I found it that they were packaged with faulty wires. After going back to Guitar Center and picking up a working wire, I follow the instructions (which seem straight forward) only to find that the product isn't working. I can see the Blue Light is turned on when I plug in the lightning cable into my iPad Pro, but I get no sound. What's even more frustrating is that you can't find any tutorials or help online on the iRig HD 2. Save your money on the iRig and this app - use the money to buy some hardware.
If you have an iRig, you get a considerable amount of gear for free. Beyond that, the IAPs are pretty reasonably priced. The app is super simple to use and has a pretty slick UI. Works like as expected every time. Great app!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 13, 2017
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 1.00 GB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- ©2002-2016 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX$8.99
- Complete Fender Bundle$8.99
- Metal amp$4.99
- Clean amp$4.99
- Bass amp$4.99