Amsterdam: Wallpaper* City Guide
By Phaidon Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Wallpaper* City Guide app presents a highly edited, conveniently packaged list of the best a city has to offer the design-conscious traveller.
The Wallpaper* City Guide app is the fast track guide for the smart traveller.
So if you like to travel in style and are looking for the top hotels to stay at, the best restaurants to eat at, the best shops to browse or need to know what to see in a city during a busy itinerary, then this is the guide for you.
Can’t find the city you are looking for?
Type “Phaidon Press” in the search box above to discover over 60 Wallpaper* City Guide destinations.
Try before you buy?
We have made two Wallpaper* City Guide apps available to download free of charge.
You can try either the Wallpaper* City Guide: Strasbourg app or the Wallpaper* City Guide: Dallas/Fort Worth app to browse, discover and explore these convenient travel companions.
LOCATE: View the "must-see" landmarks the city has to offer on a panoramic image
EXPLORE: Uncover the insider’s cafe, restaurant, bar and nightclub scene
BROWSE: Get to know the city neighbourhoods on the colour-coded map
NAVIGATE: Find where you are and where you want to go using our interactive map
DISCOVER: Find the top stores, restaurants, bars and hotels as well as the most important architecture and design locations
Concise and informative, the Wallpaper* City Guide app contains the same content that you will find in the print edition but in a format that best utilises the capabilities of both the iPhone and iPad. What’s more, iCloud users can view the app on both their iPhone and iPad without having to buy the app for each individual device.
What's New in Version 2.0
Now optimised for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, with an intuitive new design featuring over 50 high-quality images for Retina display
• Tab system allows easy access to Contents, Photos, Maps, Neighbourhoods, and Bookmarks
• Category view displays thumbnails of featured venues by type alongside addresses for quick reference, and includes an improved header for fast navigation to Contents and category overviews
• Photo view displays a grid of thumbnail images, allowing you to see all featured venues with a single swipe, filter images by category, watch a slideshow of images or tap and pinch to zoom in
• Maps view pinpoints featured venues, with the option to filter by category, search by keyword, and see your current location
• Neighbourhoods view organises venues according to region, with the option to filter by category
• Resources view lists all venues in the app in a searchable, alphabetical list
• Venue page design includes larger images, an improved header for navigating between venues, and a new toolbar enabling quick access to contact details and websites, map location, or add to Bookmarks or Contacts
• Venue pages feature in-app web browsing and a mapping interface with the option to toggle between your location and the venue, and one tap to call venues
• Bookmarks view lists your favourite venues with the option to locate all venues on a map, create an itinerary or share via email
• Sync Bookmarks between multiple iOS devices with iCloud
Requires iOS 4+ and some features require an iCloud account and/or internet access
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 28, 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 111 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Phaidon Press Limited
- © 2012 Phaidon Press Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.