SUPERMEGAQUEST presents ANCESTOR! A super fun puzzle action runner that will challenge your brain and dazzle your eyes. Venture across a dangerous landscape riddled with traps and enemies. Defeating foes and overcoming obstacles will earn you currency chips that you can spend on lavish cloaks and various orbs. As you travel further into the unknown, your surroundings scale in difficulty, demanding quick thinking and swift reflexes.
- Procedurally generated map means a different run every time!
- Three challenging bosses to defeat for glory and wealth!
- 8 different backgrounds!
- Game becomes more difficult the longer you last!
- All cloaks/orbs/projectiles can be purchased using in-game currency!
- Leaderboard and Achievements supported!
- Improved Chinese translation
- Added French, Spanish, and Japanese translations
- General optimizations
- Adjusted level difficulties
Ratings and Reviews
Has so much potential
This game is beautiful, right from the start it blows away most phone games. Game play is indeed fun, but it will get old quickly. I can't see myself playing this for months, at the moment it's extremely fun to play. I wish they would have added some sort of story to it. I know that's asking a lot for a phone game, but why not break the cliché? The map indeed changed every new game, but it's still very repetitive once you play it enough. It's challenging without being impossible, and the items can easily be purchased with the "chips" you earn in the game or by watching Ads for 500 chips. But if you don't want to earn any, you can purchase every item for only .99 which isn't bad at all. Ancestor is an extremely impressive game, I just wish they would have added more story and depth to it so I could continue to enjoy it.
Just want to start by saying this game is phenomenal! Graphics are great, gameplay is unique, challenging and dynamic, I highly recommend you get this game. It's an endless runner that plays out like a campaign and I really enjoy the hints of background story they throw in.
However I have some suggestions, they aren't the usual far fetched requests but some changes I feel are reasonable.
1: some way to view your high score in game.
2: an energy bar/some way to limit your fire speed. I'm not saying anything that would greatly cap the amount you can shoot but I feel that it would make your aim more meaningful instead of just spamming.
3: lower spawn rate of se saw after first boss (there are so many!)
4: make the time you can see the memory tiles longer before they go blank :) I don't want the game to be easier but if there is stuff in front of the memory wall you almost always end up missing the hints and then your stuck with about 2 seconds to figure it out lol not fun.
Hope the devs read this! And hope I, not being to needy.
This could be good...
I love the aesthetic, but the gameplay is tough and repetitive; could be great with a simple update.
+Diverse bosses (I'm assuming - even after playing many times I die after the second boss so I don't know) and multiple puzzle variations.
+ Different outfits, lasers, and orbs, great graphics and aesthetic.
- Memory wall is too hard to quickly solve. Add more space between it and time-consuming puzzles that require lengthy focus placed directly in front of it, or make the symbols blink to help make it a feasible puzzle to solve - I die pretty much every time I encounter it which is decreasing the frequency that I play the game.
- Gameplay is too repetitive to keep me coming back. I die on the second or third level once I encounter a tough puzzle right in front of a memory wall and die...I want to get to more bosses!!! This would add variety and make the gameplay more fluid and interesting/long-lasting. Maybe make an easy and hard mode? Or make the level of difficulty progress more slowly?
-Different weapons, cloaks and orbs should have different abilities to add incentive to earn them - rather than just a visual aesthetic.
-Hasn't been updated in a while.
- SuperMegaQuest Inc.
- 138.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 SUPERMEGAQUEST INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Cloak: Ram $0.99
- Cloak: Demon $0.99
- Projectile: Rainbow $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.