By Christophe Duquesne
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Anckorage Spring is a physical modelling audio synthesiser based on the simulation of a set of connected mass- spring, integrating non-linearities, fluid and static friction, mechanical limits, gravity and bouncing.
It is designed to be controlled by a continuous controller (like the Haken Continuum www.hakenaudio.com) but can be used with a regular keyboard or directly from the device screen or from other core midi apps. Of course a continuous controller will provide a much more accurate control of the model.
The mains ideas behind Anckorage Spring are :
• Being able to tweak real world parameter like Mass, Force, Gravity, etc. instead of tweaking usual electronic parameters,
• Not only try to mimic real world, but also allow very "unusual" things like modulating a Mass and changing the Gravity,
• Emphasis control and expression using the physical parameters,
• Open a new world of sound to experiment with....
• Have fun and enjoy playing music !
• Real physical modelling sound engine
• Fully editable physical model
• 88 200 Hz internal sampling rate
• Special Haken Continuum compliance
• Playable by any midi device
• Core midi base (therefore including virtual midi and network midi compliance)
• On device touch control
• Rich preset management
• Preset exchange mechanism (through iTunes Share)
• All parameters controllable by MIDI CC
• Audiobus compliant
A demo is available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx41C8teUy8
What's New in Version 2.1
Correction of a GUI issue on Preset selection on iPad
Available demo at www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx41C8teUy8 and soundcloud.com/christophe-duquesne/anckorage-spring-update-1-demo
I had 4 apps on my phone but 5 including this one and every time I clicked on the app it would kick me out of it automatically! So ya I'm not giving this the best review or rating but TBH this is the only app that has crashed on me like this! And I'm deleting this app but I would definitely not recommend downloading this app!!!🚫🚫🚫🚫
Needs iOS 9 update
Please fix this app! It's the wilder, noisier, and equally amazing elder brother of springsound. I need it to work again!
Crashes on start
iOS 10.x, iPad Pro. I know there's a new app on the store that replaces this, so maybe Apple should delete this like they claim to be doing to apps that don't even work...
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 09, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 24.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christophe Duquesne
- © Aurige
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.