By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPad expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPhone. **
** If no sound from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.4.4
• Improvements to sample rate / buffer size behavior.
• Improvements to scale slider.
Backdoor thief connected to audiocopy!
A recent export was stolen by a developer and changed the export process. It now has to be internet connected before exporting. No other app is internet reliant for exporting. I figured out their planning before it took place.. and now it's exactly this problem.. backdoor thieving continues on iOS and on Apple Products BEWARE!
iOS Synth Centerpiece !! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
An Awesome synth ! An iOS centerpiece & since fixed for x64 iPads ... It just keeps getting better & better 😉 🎹🎵🎹💚
Please - more Ambient / Ethereal patches for IAP 🙏🏻
One of the most powerful instruments ever!
This synth is a groundbreaker in so many ways. Even if you used it simply as a midi-out device (which you'd need to pay 5 bucks to access mid-out capability) you'd still have an incredibly powerful controller.
I've spent many hours with it and I'm still just scratching the surface of its capabilities. As a creative tool though, I haven't found anything that can match it. I own Komplete, Serum, Hive and many other synths and they all can provide years of creative sound design fun but this app is so brilliantly conceived and rendered that I find myself coming back to it for it's sheer fun factor!
My true love is pad design and Animoog has given me a whole dimension in designing them.
It's biggest drawback may be the limited set of modulation tools compared to more expensive synths - and by expensive, I'm talking about full fledged computer synths like Serum etc, we know Animoog is expensive for iOS. I find it to be so far superior to most of the iOS synths. Back to modulation limitations, there's only one LFO (but the Sample & Hold option is utterly amazing) and three simple ADSR envelopes - and two are used by the amp and filter, leaving one envelope for the four mods. Also, we're all used to seeing an exhaustive list of destinations - particularly with respect to oscillators. but when you consider the nature of the XY, keyboard mods, paths and orbits input, you'll see how there's more than enough modulation for making great sounds. In fact, I find the simplicity pushes you to exploring the awesome nature of the inputs and that's where all the fun is. Just the notion of drawing a path through 8 complex waveforms (and the x-axis acts as a PW so you're zooming through wave tables!) is just a creative rush!
If you're gonna spend more, I would def get the 4 track recorder. It's definitely limited but it's fast and not complicated. If you already have a sequencer app though you might want to stick with that.
Finally, I would invest in the MacProVideo 'Exploring Animoog' tutorial. It's pretty much necessary as a pre-req for tunneling into this app. It starts off with showing you how to create a true Default or Init patch as the included Default app already adds complexity which shouldn't be present in an Init.
Anyway, I hope you get as much enjoyment as I have!
Great job guys!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 08, 2016
- Version: 2.4.4
- Size: 54.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$4.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$3.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$4.99
- BASE PackFree
- Metallic Expansion Pack$3.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$3.99