Annotable — Ultimate Image Annotation Tool
By Ling Wang
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Annotable is the most full-featured all-in-one image annotation tool.
Featured by Apple in many places:
● Best of 2016
● New Apps We Love
● Best Apps to Edit Your Photos
● Best Productivity Apps
● Best Utilities
"I’ve finally found the best all-in-one image annotation tool for iOS – Annotable for iPhone and iPad." —— Federico Viticci of MacStories
Features (many are free, some are unlocked with purchases):
◉ All the expected common tools: rectangles, ovals, arrows, lines and texts.
◉ Fully customizable: colors, sizes, outlines, fonts…
◉ Stylishly obscure private information with Blur and Pixelation.
◉ Or on the contrary, highlight something with Spotlights.
◉ If you really want to focus on a particular spot use a Loupe.
◉ You can even mark text on screenshots of apps like Notes, Twitter, and Safari. It feels like magic, and can really save the day when you want to share a web page screenshot with some words highlighted but forgot to select the words when you took the screenshot.
◉ Fully support Action Extension, Photo Editing Extension, Edits Sync via iCloud Photo Library, URL Schemes, 3D Touch, Wide Color…Annotable utilizes your powerful iOS system to the extreme.
Distinctions from many other similar Apps:
◆ All the results are high-resolution images.
◆ Not only screenshots but all images are supported.
◆ Large images can be directly annotated and do not have to be cropped.
What's New in Version 2.0
Annotable 2 is here!
* Annotable in your language:
・ Turkish localization by Batuhan Çakır.
・ Currently App Store supports these languages: Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Indonesian, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese.
・ If your language is one of above and you want to help translate Annotable into your language please use Settings > Email Feedback to contact me.
* Tool customization: you can now customize your toolbox to only show commonly used tools. But don't worry, you can still show all tools by long pressing the tool button.
* Color customization($): you can now edit, add, delete and reorder colors. If the default colors are not to your taste make your own colors. BTW, all the default colors are now free. If you've unlocked All Colors in Annotable 1 you get Color Customization for free.
* Improved size adjustment: you can now adjust line width and font size continuously with the new size slider. If you prefer quick jumps or size uniformity among all annotations like in the old days, you can simply tap the 3 blue dots. It's the best of both worlds! I'm really proud of this design :)
* Text 2.0: the text tool is improved so much that I'd like to call it 2.0 :)
1. Fonts, a lot of fonts! ($)
2. Styles: simple, outlined, sticker, stamp and label. ($)
3. Pointers: null, dot, arrow and number. Number pointer is especially cool! ($)
4. Text now maintains its layout when its font size changes.
* More arrow styles: tap the knob at the arrow head to change style. With this new design, the 2 original arrow tools are now merged into 1.
* Filled rectangle: I learned from some law student that it is customary to use black boxes instead of Pixelation or Blur for obfuscating legal documents. I tried it and found it looks nice in other places too.
* Bug fixes.
$ means it is a paid-only feature. As promised, if you paid to Unlock All in Annotable 1 you get all the new features for free.
You can vote existing feature requests with a Trello account using Settings > Help and send new feature requests using Settings > Email Feedback.
If you feel good about this update please consider leaving a good review :) Thanks.
Update: version 2 is even better. Sadly, I cannot give the app 6 stars. The customization features now make the app even more useful.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a replacement for Skitch! And not just any replacement, but one that surpasses it.
I don't know why I didn't see this app before, but I've now finally taken Skitch off my devices. I held out for a long time once Evernote stopped supporting Skitch, but no longer. The tools in Annotable are great — and I bought them all.
One of very few five-star apps I've found.
I love this app & have used it almost daily, since it first came out.
It's always worked well, but now, with custom colors, my home Inventory photos look better than ever. The comments are so much easier to read and so much better looking on a background that matches the item's color.
This is a very nice addition to an already great app!
I saw numbering listed in the new features, & that will come in very handy, as well.
All in all, a great annotation app, thank you!
Still has problems highlighting text
This app is great but the text highlighter still doesn't fully detect text.
IDEA: It might be better to just add a freestyle highlight pen. It can be like the regular pen but have a transparency setting.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 26, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 31.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: Ling Wang
- © 2017 Moke LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Features$9.99
- Color Customization$1.99
- Loupe Tool$1.99
- Spotlight Tool$1.99
- Text Marking Tool$1.99
- Blur Tool$1.99
- All Pixelation Styles$1.99
- All Text Styles & Fonts$1.99