APM: Marketplace Radio
By American Public Media
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Can’t get enough of Marketplace’s unique view and reporting on the global economy? The newly-updated Marketplace iPhone app gives you the ability to listen to all the Marketplace programs -- plus create and build your own custom Marketplace show, by assembling a playlist of stories that interest you. Read and listen to global headlines from the Morning Report, insights on the changing digital landscape from Marketplace Tech, and the in-depth reporting and interviews you expect from our flagship show, Marketplace with Kai Ryssdal. Plus we’ve built a version of the app specifically for the iPad.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Added full iOS Voiceover compatibility for blind and low vision audiences
- Updated push notifications for easier management in iOS8
- Added ability to pause audio from lock screen
- Audio pauses when headphones are unplugged
- Simplified offline state, making it less sensitive when an iPad loses Wi-Fi connection
- Added fallback alarm clock alert when connectivity is lost
Now up to 5 stars with v2.3
2nd review update:
I've added a star to give them a total of 5 stars now. they did a good job making some better audio support that most other apps have. You can now pause/play from the lock screen and auto resume when connecting to Bluetooth in a car for example. I listen to 2 or 3 of the marketplace pod casts every morning on my way to work, and it's nice to see it pick up right where I left off when I get back into the car. nice work app team. it's the little things ;)
Since this lay update it meet most of my key criteria.
- quick access to the Latest podcast. I use this app while driving, so the one touch playing is perfect.
- plays in the background. this is a must. in fact I am listening to the podcast while writing this review.
- access to all 4 marketplace podcasts on one screen, marketplace, money, morning, and midday.
- download/saves the podcast. nice touch. u don't have to redownload it if you have to stop the podcast suddenly.
- no longer crashes....
How to get that 5 star review...
- add in a fast forward/rewind. if this option exists, it is not intuitive to find. if I wanna go back 60 seconds I have no idea how to.
I would give this a negative star if I could. I listen to podcast only offline, with this new version I can no longer tell whether the episode is downloaded or not. I don't think it's possible to listen to it offline at all, every time I clicked on a "saved story" offline, it starts downloading. it can't download because I am offline, of course. If any stories were saved, they were erased by that action of downloading anyway. It seems that there's no real "saved stores", they are merely bookmarks. I was able to save episodes with the old version, why did I download this new version? It ruins the listening completely! Fix this please! Or at least put up the old version. It would save my live if I can get the old version back. Don't they test the app before releasing it? You truly get what you pay for.
Can't listen as much
I love the content of marketplace. That goes without saying, despite the fact that i just said it.
App pros: navigating is easy
App cons: if you are on good wi-fi or have good connection the stories play just fine, but when it does not is in the opposite situations, like when you have poor or spotty connection, thank you Sprint, or slow wi-fi. The storie just stops playing rather than buffer and continue from where it stopped. You have to start the story again, from the beginning.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 23, 2015
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 15.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Public Media
- © American Public Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.