Apple Store for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An app designed just for iPad that lets you shop the Apple Online Store like never before. Explore beautiful, high resolution image galleries, discover the latest products and accessories, and check out with a few taps.
Here’s just some of what you can do with Apple Store for iPad:
- See the latest trending products that others are buying, sharing, and reviewing.
- Use pinch gestures to zoom, browse and compare.
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, and get signature gift wrap.
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door.
- Find an Apple Retail Store near you and view hours , get directions, check product availability, make Genius Bar reservations, or sign up for workshops and events.
- Explore Apple Retail Stores around the world and mark stores as favorites.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Various improvements and performance enhancements.
Was expecting something special from Apple on this one
It's a better way to shop than the website for sure, but I was hoping for something more interactive and cool that you could play with to learn more about a product you were interested in. For example, more photos or 360 degree panoramas of products and maybe even little mini-games or videos to highlight special features. Might come in future updates, but I thought this would be a good opportunity for Apple to take the shopping experience to the next level — hasn't happened yet...
Why is this not a combined app?
Why is the iPhone and iPad versions not a single app? Maybe they're saving storage space.
The app is too overly sensitive to touching. You touch somewhere and all the sudden it changes to an enlarged photo of what you touched. Half the items are pictures only, no description, price or option to buy. It's usable, but I wanted more functionality. I tried reading reviews and there's obviously a problem with the layout. The too of the page is cutoff hiding the review summary. No ability to add ratings or reviews for items.
Excellent User Experience
User Satisfaction: Appealing and Attractive App
The overall app is attractive with pleasing graphics and typography. The app's content will keep you coming back. I would highly recommend this app to a friend or colleague.