TurboScan™ - document & receipt scanner
By Piksoft Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TurboScan turns your iPhone into a full-featured and powerful scanner for documents, receipts, books, photos, whiteboards, and other text. Using just your iPhone or iPad, you can quickly scan your multipage documents in high quality PDFs or JPEGs, name, store and send them anywhere.
• "I was going to buy a Quick Scanner so I could go paperless, but this app has just saved me hundreds of dollars" (TurboScan user)
• Featured in The NY Times, CNN Money and The Telegraph.
TurboScan uses advanced fast algorithms to accurately detect document edges, straighten them (correct perspective), eliminate shadows and set a perfect contrast for text - black on white. Color and photo modes are also available.
TurboScan boasts a powerful yet easy to use interface. Get instant one-tap brightness, rotation and color controls all on one screen!
TurboScan also offers SureScan, our proprietary scanning mode for sharper scans (especially useful in low-light conditions.) SureScan automatically takes three pictures of the same document, giving you guaranteed perfect result every time.
TurboScan's handy "Email to myself" feature lets you routinely send documents to a predefined address with one tap, or even upload them to online storage sites like Evernote.
All processing happens on your iPhone, and the confidentiality of your data is never compromised (no Internet connection needed.)
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• SureScan 3x mode for sharpest scans
• Touch ID & passcode lock
• Document naming, storage inside the app and smart search
• Add and reorder pages at any time
• Arrange multiple receipts or business cards on a PDF page for printing, etc.
• “Email to myself” feature for quick routine emails
• Email or message documents as PDF, JPEG, or PNG, or save to Photos
• Upload, auto-upload and backup to iCloud Drive
• Open PDFs or JPEGs in other apps like Dropbox or Google Drive to send to clouds
• Copy & paste scans to other scans or Clipboard, and merge
• AirDrop function (press Open PDF In...)
• Printing via AirPrint or printing apps
• Compact attachments with adjustable size
• Ultra-fast processing (under 4 seconds per page)
TIPS ON SCANNING
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit.
• For best edge detection, include some margin around your document while shooting.
• Use flash in low light conditions, but avoid glare with glossy documents.
We're constantly improving TurboScan, and we value our customers' opinions and feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
What's New in Version 2.8.5
Touch ID / passcode lock
Auto-upload to iCloud Drive
More document sizes
Better color processing in documents
Camera zoom is back
Options to reduce PDF size before sending
Document stats (scan Properties screen: Pen button)
“Open JPEG In” for multiple JPEGs
“Copy to” feature
Swipe to switch between scans
New options in TurboScan settings:
• Message PDFs
• “Start with camera” option
• Sortable filename format option
• Spell-check names option
• Camera grid
• TurboScan folder in Photos
Doesn't save all scanned photos
I bought this app to scan thousands of family photos and it works very well for this purpose. I built a light box for my iPad Pro so I just put the next photo on a black background and take a pic. It does a very good job at cropping unless an edge of the photo is very dark. Overall I'm happy with the cropping feature. I found sometimes when I switch apps while in the photo shoot mode, I return to a frozen program. I just Kill and restart the app to fix. A minor bug that's easy to work around. However, sometimes after a restart, the last photo I scanned is missing! And sometimes after a scan, photos are just missing. Today I wanted to text a photo I had just scanned only to find out it was never saved! Worse yet, the two previous scans were also missing. This is not acceptable and my reason for 1 star. I don't know how many scans are missing. Beware if you're using this app for large batch scan runs - you may need to check the list after every scan.
My Favorite App
If you have ever had he need to scan documents and email them anywhere at anytime, this is the app for you. It takes a picture of the document and scans it and makes it look as if you made a copy of it or used a computer scanner. You can not tell that it is from a picture at all. Buy this, you won't regret it!
Grateful for TurboScan.
Love this app, have had it several years-- it has been just what I've needed. Much easier to scan from this than my printer. I use on my iPhone. In addition, we Spend part of year in small town, where this is the only thing I use for emailing docs,etc. And.. they upgrade and improve as they see fit.
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 29, 2017
- Version: 2.8.5
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Piksoft Inc.
- © Piksoft 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- TurboScan Premium$5.99