By Audulus LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound - now made easier than ever with nearly 100 built-in Eurorack-style modules.
"Audulus 3 out and is stunning!" - Richard Devine, devinesound.net
"Anybody into synthesis should check out Audulus on the iPad. Tweaker heaven." - Jordan Rudess
"Audulus is fantastic, a thinking man's synth." - UK App Store review
Rated "Killer App" on apps4idevices.com!
Praise for the Mac version:
"beautiful interface" - Peter Kirn, createdigitalmusic.com
"Love this App. It has one of the best UIs I've ever used." - USA Mac App Store review
"The biggidy bomb coolest most super tech-nerd fun times soft synth I've bought in recent times!" - Mac App Store Australia review
"Remarkable gesture control" - sequencer.de
▶ Visit the Audulus Forum for exciting FREE user-created patches! ◀
▶ Educational pricing available. For more information, see http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/
▶ Key Features:
• Fluid Vector Interface - smooth animated interaction
• MIDI control - use your control surface or MIDI keyboard
• Polyphony - process multiple voices
• Diverse Nodes - from ADSR to ZeroCross
• Patch Browser - quickly flip through your patches
• 32-bit floating-point signal processing
• Fully Enhanced for Retina Display
• Unlimited Undo - full history stored in a patch
• Round-trip workflow with Audulus for Mac
• Virtual MIDI – control Audulus from your favorite MIDI app
• Audiobus support! - Runs as both an Input and Effect
• Sub-Patches - group and reuse nodes
• Universal Modulation - modulate any knob
• iCloud support - effortlessly sync patches between Mac and iPad
• Custom Nodes - build your own modules!
• Timing mode - figure out which nodes are using the most CPU!
▶ Featured Built-in Modules:
• 5ms Revolving Clock Divider
• Touch Feedback Clock
• Ms. Torsion Distortion
• Fibonacci Sequence
• Fab Five Rectifying LFO
• The Warpeggiator
• Scale Quantizer
• Cyclone Matrix Mixer
...and many more!
▶ Built-in Nodes:
• Virtual Analog Oscillator (4 classic waveforms)
• ADSR Envelope
• Noise Generator
• Mathematical Modules: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Sine, Modulo
• Math expression module - 34 operation expression language
• Random Number Generator
• MIDI controlled Keyboard
• MIDI assignable trigger
• 16-Step Sequencer
• Low Pass Filter
• Low Pass Filter with resonance
• High Pass Filter
• Feedback Delay
• Unit Delay
• DC Blocker
• Envelope Follower
• Pitch Shifter
• Constant Value
• Mapper Curve
• Piecewise-linear Spline Curve
• Sample and Hold
• 4-Channel Mixer
• Level Meter
• Value Meter
• Scrolling Waveform Meter
• RGB Light
• Polyphonic to Monophonic signal mixer
• Polyphonic/Monophonic signal converters
• Zero-crossing Counter
▶ Recommended hardware: 4th Generation iPad or later. iPhone 5 or later.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at support at audulus dot com if you have any questions or need help.
What's New in Version 3.3.7
- Add "Clear History" command to the context menu when tapping on the background.
- Other bug fixes.
New in 3.3:
- New Audio Engine! Thanks to FANCY ALGORITHMS, you can now use z-1 without slowing down your entire patch.
- New Patch Library! A revamped patch library including some great new examples.
- Search by tag in the Patch Browser.
- New node/module addition UI. Tap on the background and select Create. Removed the toolbar.
- Support for split-screen and portrait orientation on iPad.
- Support for iOS 10.
3.3 is improved but ...
Sorry to be the curmudgeon here, but there are still some serious flaws in ver. 3.3. Don't get me wrong, it is FAR better than the previous update (3.2). Many of the problems introduced in 3.2 have been solved and overall, Audulus is STILL the single best modular synthesizer ap available for any platform ...period. I love it.
It is still very CPU heavy on anything less than the latest possible iPad Pro. If you are using an iPad 4 or less, don't bother with this program. The CPU overload causes serious glitching in the audio and the program will sometimes just shut down. Even moderately complex patches end up using far too much CPU time. The responsiveness has improved but on less than top-of-the-line iPads, it is still too clunky.
At this point, I am going to have to buy a new iPad just to run Audulus, which means I am not going to be able to use this ap for a long time. I really don't want to have to rush out and plop down over a thousand dollars to get the latest iPad every time Audulus is updated. I don't think anyone else does either.
Taylor and crew: you guys have a great program here. But you should be more careful in your coding and have a little consideration for backward compatibility. Please make sure that future updates do not require the user to have the absolultely latest hardware.
Brilliant Sound Design Tool
If you are interested in sound design, or DSP, you really need this app.
1) Great interface. Intuitive, efficient and beautiful. It makes you want to create stuff.
2) Fantastic community, including some great tutorials.
3) Great modules. Often if you want something, someone has built it (and then you can deconstruct it).
4) Super flexible. If you want to use it as a filter, no problem. If you want to feed a synth into a sound processor through Audiobus. No problem. Midi mostly works.
5) A good (it not quite great yet) library of basic building blocks. Including essential stuff like single sample delays, biquad, etc). It still needs FFT to be truly up there, but it's close.
6) Nice building blocks for building interfaces for your instruments. The gui designer is intuitive and just works.
The only things it truly lacks to be epic at this point are:
a) Midi Out
b) Multiple Output Channels
c) Sample/Wave Tables
d) FFT capabilities
(a) and (b) are apparently coming soon.
This is one of the great audio apps on the iPad. Well worth it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 09, 2016
- Version: 3.3.7
- Size: 131 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Audulus LLC
- © 2016 Audulus LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.