My Fave Places: Save & Share Your Favorite Places
By My Fave Places
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
MFP is a simple, elegant list app to find, save and share your places. With A-Z format, categories, maps & notes, you'll never forget or be lost for a place to go again. Use it as a way to keep a record of the places you've been or plan to go. Whether you're a foodie, a traveler, a blogger or someone who gets asked for recommendations this is the app for you. Follow your favorite friend, influencer or organization and see their recommended list of places. Only connect with people you know and trust. Throwaway messy business cards, paper and manual spreadsheets today. Video: https://youtu.be/kCuqxoe98Jg
- Visitor access! You can browse around and save up to 5 places before needing to register
- Using geo-location, MFP can find where you are so you can quickly save the place (such as that bar, restaurant, shop, business, stadium and more)
- MFP automatically sorts your favorite places to work, eat, drink, visit or relax
in an A-Z list
- Create an individual or company profile and web link to your own site
- Use category folders to help organize your favorite places
- Add personal notes for each place, such as the name of your favorite waitperson, your favorite table or drink to recall for next time. URLS can be added too.
- Send private in-app recommended places to friends
- Map views and directions with Google Maps
- Check into places with Facebook and share your own photo.
- Search locations by name, location or category
- Places are shown with key contact details such as opening times and address
- Invite friends and/or clients to follow you and your recommendations. Connect with other My Fave Places users with the same taste
- See your top 5 most connected friends and see their connections
- Privacy controls option to keep all or some of your 'extra special' places hidden from Followers
- In a foreign city and don't know where to go? Check out your friends lists for ideas
- View all your favorite places quickly and easily on a map view by category type or all
- Read articles on recommended places & events
- Works globally
What's New in Version 2.0.3
- In your user profile, you can now add urls to your bio. For example if you have a personal or company web site and want followers to access it, include the link in the body of the bio and your followers will be able click through.
- You can add urls inside your notes on a place you have saved. This will let followers link to your site and read e.g. personal blog post or other related web content.
- Status updates in profile: let people know what you are doing or where you currently are or how you are feeling.
- Facebook photo check in. Personalize your place check-ins with more than just a map or stock image. Add your own picture. How? Save a place, share it via Facebook and you'll be give the option to select your own photo.
- The map on your home screen is now clickable and will display the pins of your saved places.
- Minor bug fixes
This app is the perfect place to keep track of travel recommendations. When people make a recommendation of somewhere to visit I automatically plug it into the app. It keeps everything in one place. You can even leave in the notes who recommended or what specifically was recommended about it. So when I'm ready to visit the place I can even remember who to go back to for more information. I've got things pinned around the world for whatever my next adventure might be.
Cons- occasionally if I'm not on wifi all the pins don't load in the map viewer section, which when out adventuring can be very frustrating. I often use it as my source of information. So when all the info doesn't appear it can be annoying.
I wish you were able to make the categories different pin colors. So if you looked in an area you could identify off the bat how many activities vs. restaurants, etc. you were nearby.
It's very cool app where you can save your favorite places and share with your friends. The app has simple and great interface.
I like the entire idea of saving your favorite destination and the way you get a nice gallery of the country.