Boomerang provides powerful screen time controls. No more forgetting to take away kids’ devices at bedtime or arguing with them. Instantly time-out or grant access right from your phone via our parent mode remote control. Set the age ratings for all content including Apps and be in the know of your child's location.
Boomerang Parental Control’s Popular Features:
▶ Bedtime schedules - set school night and weekend schedules when your child’s apps simply disappear
▶ Time-Out your kid’s device for any duration, anytime via our Parent mode remote control
▶ Grant Access to your kid's device for more screen time
▶ Review and request your kid’s most recent location
▶ Block apps - set app age ratings, limit accidental in-app purchases, block access to the App and iTunes stores
▶ Installed apps - review what apps your child’s using
▶ Communicate safely within your family with our Family Messenger feature.
▶ Pair and Control all your iPads, iPhones, iPods and other mobile devices into your account securely using your email and password.
Add Safe Browsing to Boomerang Parental Control:
▶ SPIN Safe Browser - get our free safe browser which is safer than the stock web browsers plus it enforces safe search results and images via Bing, Google and Yahoo search engines. All web history can be reviewed via our app's reporting feature in Parent Mode. Via our Boomerang web dashboard, you can also configure what websites to block and categories to limit.
NOTES AND TIPS
● Applying a bedtime schedule, time-out or age restrictions will hide apps from your child’s device. When those restrictions are removed, apps will return in alphabetical order and not go back to their original locations (ie: custom folders). This is normal behavior for iOS devices.
● Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Boomerang does minimize the use of the GPS when not being used for events such as check-in and setting changes.
● All commands and location updates require an internet connection (Cellular and/or Wi-Fi).
● You will get notified via push notification and email if your child removes the Device Profile. Currently, no method exists to harden the Device Profile so do have a chat with your child that you will be notified.
● iPhone 4s is not supported due to its smaller screen.
◆ Follow our Blog: https://useboomerang.com/blog
◆ Support: https://community.useboomerang.com/hc
New: Group commands - you can now Extend or Time-Out all family devices from the main Device list in Parent Mode
New: Family Messenger - we brought back the main device list for our Family Messenger list
Bug fix: Extend and Time-Out commands no longer go to Unlimited
Ratings and Reviews
Good basic parental controls missing from iOS
Overall a great Free alternative to other expensive offerings and is a good start to the issue of missing parental control functionality on Apple devices. Using this to set times when my kids are allowed to use iPads (for instance Only after school and never after bedtime). Can also override the schedules you define to allow use of the iPad as needed. Nice that Parents can control the settings remotely from their own phone. Can be a pain to set up and the types of control parents are given access to are limited (both thanks to Apple and the way they lock down iOS). The app is a little buggy as the developers are apparently are in early stages, but support from the developers has been great.
Thanks for the review!!
Best Parental Control App
Love this app! Super easy to set up and use. I’ve tried multiple security apps and this one is the best. Tech support was very responsive to any questions. I have it monitoring 4 devices all different ages and schedules. Thank you for helping parents who want to protect their kids!
Thanks for the review!!
Device management has never worked
Have any of you tried to overlap a frame of time? After saving, it disappears and resets the managed time to 7am-8pm.
There needs to be a differentiation between 12am midnight and 12am equaling the next day and glitching our. There is no option to allow it to be used unlimited.
I HAVE unlimited set up and without fail: “the tablet says my time is up, mommy...”
I paid for this, I don’t have time for this. What’s wrong with this feature?
Hi thanks for the note - we will test this scenario out and try to replicate. If you haven't done so already, please email our support team at email@example.com so we can start a dialogue. Please make a note of "app review with Justin" 😉
- National Education Technologies Inc
- 49 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 National Education Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Device Annual License $13.99
- 1 Family Pack License $29.99
- Family Pack Upgrade License $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.