By Anchor FM Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Make cool audio on your phone. Share it wherever you want.
Anchor lets you record or capture ANY audio, right from your phone. It’s the easiest way to make a podcast or radio show, ever. No experience necessary (and it’s 100% free).
--- CREATE AUDIO ---
* Voice: Record yourself, your friends, or anything you can hear, and broadcast the audio in seconds. (You can even record by holding your phone up to your ear, just like talking on the telephone.)
* Music: Share any song you want, thanks to our integrations with Apple Music and Spotify.
* Interviews: Call any US-based phone number from the app, record the conversation (with their permission, of course), then add it to your station.
* Call Ins: Listeners can call in to your station at any time. If you like what they have to say, you can add it to your station for everyone to hear!
* Interludes & background tracks: Enhance your audio with a ton of different sound effects and tunes. (This is the part that’ll make you go, “Wow, I made this on my phone and it sounds like a ~real~ podcast!”)
* Clips: Easily trim and import your pre-existing audio.
* Make a podcast: Turn your Anchor audio into a podcast with one touch. Really. You can also easily share your audio to Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere else.
--- LISTEN TO AUDIO ---
* Daily audio summaries: Get caught up on everything you missed (news, sports, entertainment, video games, and more). Thanks to Anchor’s bite-sized stories format, your favorite stations will be the perfect fit for your daily commute. Anchor is simply the best way to listen to daily podcasts.
* Interact with shows: Call in for a chance to be featured on any station in Anchor. You can also applaud your favorite parts!
* Listen anywhere: Anchor stations can be heard in our free mobile apps, on the web in any desktop/tablet/mobile browser, in your car, or from your smart speakers.
--- AS SEEN IN ---
* Apple’s keynote at the 2017 Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC)!
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* The Boston Globe
* Paste Magazine
* The Next Web
* LOTS MORE!
What's New in Version 2.14.3
Better support for external microphones!
And in case you missed it:
Music is better than ever in this all-new version of Anchor. You can now:
- Browse your playlists from Apple Music or Spotify for a faster way to add music to your station
- Save any song you discover while listening to your Apple Music or Spotify collection
- Add songs to episodes! (They won't sync to your external podcast, but can be preserved in Anchor episodes.)
If you're enjoying using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!
Cool idea getting in it's own way
Such a great idea, small intractable content that's fast to produce and easy to consume. Love the idea. The interface though is just functionally awful. I can never for the life of me find the programs I'm actually subscribed to because the predominant listings are always the apps own productions (or at least the productions they overtly back, like these weird general round-up style programs I have zero interest in). I would love it if the app prioritized the content of the people I actually try to follow, I'm sure as content producers these programs are taking a listenership hit just from this interface alone and that's super frustrating and annoying. Finishing my shows automatically starts a show promoted by the app that I have no interest in whatsoever.
This is a disincentive from frequenting the app and also from ever generating my own content. Such an easy fix though. Hope something changes.
Incredible app and community
Absolutely love this app and it is given me a wonderful way to do it podcast I hope there is a paid version coming for the branding can be pulled off and completely Brandon and owned by the creator also wanting more tools on the phone and desktop to produce more professional episodes other than that I absolutely love this app definitely worth getting on in joining the community
Great app a few problems
The app is a great way to start a podcast but there is still a lot Anchor needs to work on. They need a paid plan to let professional podcasters use the service and leverage the community. The app has has a lot of bugs but that’s related to their constant updates and new features being launched