Anchor is the easiest way to make a podcast, ever. It's the only app that lets you record a high-quality podcast, and distribute it everywhere (including Apple Podcasts) – all in one place. No fancy equipment or podcasting experience necessary, and it’s 100% free!
MAKE A PODCAST FROM YOUR iPHONE, iPAD, OR COMPUTER:
* Record high-quality audio, either with your device’s built-in mic or by plugging in your favorite external microphone
* Record with friends or cohosts, anywhere in the world
* Take voice messages from your listeners, and add their questions/submissions to your next episode
* Add a variety of transitions and sound effects to your podcast
* Import audio from any app on your device to use in your podcast
* Add any song from Spotify or Apple Music (playable on Anchor only)
* Beautiful, visual episode builder makes it easy to edit and rearrange the audio in your podcast episodes
SHARE YOUR PODCAST EVERYWHERE:
* Easily distribute your podcast to all major podcast platforms (including Apple Podcasts) with just one tap
* Share the permalink for any episode or segment anywhere; anyone who doesn’t have Anchor installed can listen in their favorite podcast player or on your Anchor web profile without needing an account
* Embed any episode on your own website (or embed your podcast and it’ll always play the latest episode)
* Turn any short segment (anything under 2 minutes) into an automatically transcribed, animated video!
SEE WHO’S LISTENING:
* Track how many people hear each episode and which specific segments get the most plays
* See who on Anchor is listening to each segment
* Access even more detailed analytics on your desktop dashboard at www.anchor.fm
* Editing tools built specifically for podcasting: quickly trim the start/end points of your audio, or split long recordings into multiple segments to make them easier to cut or rearrange
* Fully compatible with split screen (try recording with the Notes app open if you need talking points!)
* Drag in audio from any compatible app on your iPad to add it to your episode builder or your Library
AS SEEN IN:
* Apple’s keynote at the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC)!
* App Store App of the Day
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* The Boston Globe
* Paste Magazine
* The Next Web
* And lots more!
Important bug fixes and improvements. If you enjoy using Anchor, please take a minute to leave a nice review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Record and launch your own podcast.
Do they even care?
I’ve been reading reviews for a while now, and decided I would add my two cents. I started using this app because anchor asked a friend of mine to upload content everyday in the hopes that it would bring some more people to the app (that’s where I come in). I really enjoyed using this “new app” I originally thought I wouldn’t. I ended up recording and connecting with the great anchor community. Then, with no warning whatsoever, the app changed completely and forced us to make podcasts. Gone was the user friendly record, publish, comment, and call in vibe that I had grown to enjoy so much. They immediately stopped “needing” my friend and basically dumped the whole community that formed because of it. This is a free app, and they are allowed to do whatever they want with it. I just didn’t appreciate how they treated those of us who were around before it was a “podcasting app”. I only get on anchor to listen to one or two friends who still upload content.
Also, I understand that they are “sorry that I feel this way” and that they’re “constantly making changes to improve the app for all users”. However, I seem to recall you telling us long timers you would bring back basic things like comments and echos...?🤔
If you enjoy podcasts and podcasting, by all means, enjoy anchor. (Hopefully they don’t decide they want to be a video sharing app next...) I just no longer find it enjoyable or user friendly like it was a year ago.
Hi there and we appreciate your very thoughtful and detailed feedback. We're sorry to hear you're not enjoying the updates to Anchor but appreciate your patience as we continue to roll out more features and updates over time. We would love to bring back certain features like echos, comments, etc and understand why you enjoyed them so much. We hope you give Anchor another chance if you're not looking to use it right now to create content, and hope you keep up with our updates as we continue to work on more and more and roll them out to all of our users. Again thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback, it means a lot to us and helps us improve the platform.
Great app, but it needs accessability improvements
I’ve been on Anchor since day one and have absolutely loved this app. I’ve met some amazing people on there who’ve felt like family and have been very supportive to me. Being able to listen to their posts and reply to them has been phenomenal.
However, as a user who is totally blind, I’ve been noticing accessibility with VoiceOver has gone downhill within the last few updates. When version one was out, it was super easy to use and intuitive and I had no issues with it. Then, one version two came out, I know it took the developers a while to get voiceover working with that again. But now that version three has been out, unfortunately, the only thing I’m able to do is record my own broadcasts. I’m on able to do things like replied to other peoples broadcasts, see who’s listened to the ones I’ve recorded, etc.
To the developers of Anchor, if you’re reading this review, I do understand you’re a small team and that things like this may take a while to fix. But it would be greatly appreciated for you to please get anchor version three and other versions fully accessible for people like me again. So that way, we can enjoy using it just like everybody else.
Hi there and sorry for any trouble you're experiencing in regards to VoiceOver and accessibility, we hear you! We do plan on making many improvements to the app in regards to this and appreciate your patience as we get to it and are able to dedicate more and more time to this. Thanks for the feedback and review!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.