Life Cycle automatically keeps track of your time and presents your life sorted into slices. It shows you your daily activities, places you go, and who you spend time with. Life Cycle weekly journal provides personalized insights and clarity to your week passed. Start each week with a look back. Remember where you’ve been and vision where you’re going.
Whether you’re just curious of how your time is spent or looking to make a change, Life Cycle is your daily companion, providing you with all the information and insights you need. What’s more - it uses only 1% of your phone’s battery while it seamlessly does the work.
• Automatic - Life Cycle works in the background, recording and sorting what you do as you go about your daily business.
• Less than 1% battery - Life Cycle uses less than 1% of your battery per day as it runs in the background.
• Weekly journal - Weekly insight to activities, accompanied by photos tied to moments passed.
• From a day to a year - view your life day by day, week by week, month by month or even year by year.
• Apple Health - Fully integrated. Imports all activities, mindfulness and sleep data.
• Friends - Connect with your friends on Facebook and see who you’re spending time with, what you’re doing and where.
• Sleep Cycle connection - For accurate sleep data, connect with Sleep Cycle alarm clock through Apple Health. (Life Cycle only reads data from Health, it does not share any data. It reads Sleep Analysis and Steps data.)
• Connect to your Sleep Cycle account - If you have an online backup account with Sleep Cycle, Life Cycle will let you know how your daily habits affect your sleep quality score.
• Backup - Keep your data safe with our backup system. Never worry about losing your Life Cycle logs again.
• Graphs - Beyond the donuts, Life Cycle shows you what you do with your time in detailed graphs for deeper analysis. The visuals gives you insight to if you're spending your time on what’s most important to you.
• Compare trends - see if you’re dropping in sleep hours, if you’re working too much or if you’ve taken longer walks this week. Compare trends over the weeks, months or years.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Life Cycle does not use the GPS in the background, but instead relies on cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. As a result, it consumes less than 1% of your battery per day, when the app runs in the background.
• Life Cycle needs to run in the background to be able to record your data. It only uses 1% of your battery per day when doing so.
• You need to carry your phone with you, for Life Cycle to accurately record and interpret your activities.
• Wi-Fi should be enabled on your phone for tracking to work.
The optional Premium subscription costs $9.99 per year.
Should you choose to subscribe to Life Cycle Premium, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends, with the same kind of subscription you already bought, to the same price. It's not possible to abort the subscription during the time it's active.
Terms of service: http://www.northcube.com/terms-service-life-cycle/
-Improved the handling of unnamed locations under Trends
-Fixed several crash related bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a few changes
I’ve been trying out the free trail for a few weeks, and I love the idea behind this app so far. However, I will not be paying for premium and don’t see myself sticking even to the free version because of a few small bugs that irritate me. First, there are some bugs with this app tracking location. It can sometimes take a couple days for it to pop up that I was in an area or it won’t show up at all, then I have to enter it manually (which is both annoying and inaccurate). Second, why can’t I edit the activities already in the app? I don’t need a lunch and dinner option, just a “food” option. I could create my own, but it still irritates me to see the other options cluttering up my activities. Third, an activity at a uncategorized location will have a general area on a map tagged to it. But once I put in a custom name for the location, sometimes the location is untagged? Fourth, I’d like to be able to start an activity in the app somehow and stop it manually. Rather than having to remember my start and stop times and enter it after I finish if I want to manually create an activity. Finally, it would be nice to have more color options and be able to view my day in chronological order as well as by category. Overall the concept behind this app is great but I’m going to delete it because the execution makes the app more difficult to use than it’s insights are worth.
Incredible app, but flawed pricing
I use this app on a daily basis to help me track my time spent on activities in a week. There are 168 hours in a week, and by using this app, I can see how that time is allocated. In doing so, it helps me keep a balanced life, and I'm currently subscribed for the premium features. I love the structure and aesthetics of the app, and it's very user-friendly.
However, it is absolutely ridiculous to require a $30 annual subscription from Sleep Cycle in order to access some of the sleep trend data charts. It's clearly unnecessary as the two options unavailable are "activities affecting your sleep quality" and "location effecting your sleep quality." Since Life Cycle continuously tracks your location & the sleep recorded by Sleep Cycle is synced, then there is absolutely no reason for the Sleep Cycle online backup subscription to be required. And how can Sleep Cycle selectively transfer data to Life Cycle by requiring online backup for some data, but not all data in the Life Cycle trends? I will gladly pay $10 a year for many years, but to quadruple that expense for access to two "additional" sleep trend data charts is ludicrous.
I've recommended this app to several friends, but this limitation has really turned them away.
Great but can still be improved
I love this app, I've been working two jobs over the summer and it's helped me keep track of how many hours I've been working and how much time I've spent driving or sitting at home. There are still a few areas that can be improved however. The weekly view would be way better if it updated each day instead of at the end of every week. The statistics can sometimes be really stupid, it'll tell me I've slept 6% more on a Sunday or something like that, who gives a crap about 6%? it's tiny. I think it would also be a good idea for there to be a map that shows your daily activities like the google maps timeline. Lastly I think it should track the routes you take each day.
Update: After recent updates the weekly view now gets updated automatically, the statistics are much better, but I really think the map showing your activities would be a really good idea. I also think that the donut should be more like a timeline, in order, rather than chunks of different activities throughout your day.
- Sleep Cycle AB
- 22.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Northcube AB
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features with Online Backup $9.99
- Premium Features with Online Backup $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.