Winnie is the app that gives parents superpowers! Whether you want to find local daycares and preschools, new things to do with your kids, or ask for advice, we can help.
When you sign up for Winnie you can:
* Browse and search our unique directory of local daycares, preschools, playgrounds, family-friendly restaurants and more.
* Immediately join a helpful local community of moms & dads.
* Ask questions and get parenting advice about anything from pregnancy to child care.
* Help other parents by sharing your experiences and recommending your favorite places.
* Share your best photos safely, with cute stickers & special features to protect privacy.
Join our growing community and help us build this amazing resource for parents!
Our New Year’s resolution is to help parents find the best child care nearby! Here’s what’s new:
* The search tab features local daycares, preschools, kids activities & more family-friendly businesses
* You can search for daycares and preschools separately using shortcuts at the top of the home feed and search tab
* Topics received lots of extra love and now have their very own tab called Forums
* Zapped some pesky bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t list any of the myriad kids’ activities listed elsewhere
I was hoping to find an exhaustive list of kids’ activities in NYC. I’m a big sister and I like to be prepared with some activities for my 3- and 5-yr-old siblings when my family comes to visit. I thought this app would aid in my research, but all I found in it was a list of locations where there might be kids’ activities and URLs of the places. Google is much better for that. Maybe the app is good for parent forums, as other reviews suggest, but the app description includes finding activities for kids. Perhaps this is not your forté, so I recommend dropping this feature and focusing on the ones you are good at. Sounds like this is not the app for big sisters or caregivers trying to plan activities, but rather a parenting help forum. Good luck improving your app or pivoting your business!
Excited to see this grow!
As an early adopter it's been amazing to see Winnie grow and develop to suit the needs of the modern day parent!
The forums are a wonderful place to connect, ask for help, or even just vent. The directory has been updated and it's even easier now to find new places and activities to explore. Most importantly, the searchable database for preschools and daycares is an absolute GODSEND (only available for the SF Bay Area but could probably be expanded).
I find myself opening the app almost every day and have gotten some great advice from the forums!
Excellent structure and resources for new parents
I am a father to be and had no clue what to expect. With one post on Winnie, I could connect with other fathers who are in my exact same position and I got tons of great advice that wasn’t shared with me by doctors and books. There is advice on restaurants, kid friends activities. You never have to share your name. You can choose to post anonymous so you don’t put your name out there. This app has it all. I think it’s a must have for new or even experienced parents.
Developer Response ,
We love our dad community on Winnie and we're happy you're a part of it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.