"This app is exactly what I've been looking for. Gave my fiancé my phone to set a password so I can't delete the app when urges kick in. This app will play a vital role in my recovery from porn addiction."
xBlock lets you browse the web safely by blocking millions of porn sites and explicit content:
Works in your Safari browser. No other browser needed. Consider deleting other browsers or apps that make adult content accessible.
Keeps you or others from disabling or deleting xBlock with a passcode using the restrictions settings of your phone. Only the accountability partner will know the passcode.
EXPLICIT IMAGES HIDDEN
Pornographic and explicit images are blocked, additionally other potential sources for porn such as Tumblr, Flickr, Pinterest or Reddit.
NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE, NO SIGNUP
Enable xBlock and you are good to go. Install the blocker on all your connected iOS devices. There are no hidden costs.
PERFECT FOR FAMILIES
Let your loved ones browse the web with confidence. Install xBlock on all of your device and let the blocker protect them.
BLACKLIST AND SUPPORT
Add additional websites to a blacklist within restrictions or contact our support team when you find explicit content.
The app requires devices with a 64-bit processor.
xBlock is for everyone:
- Help to stay focussed and not being tempted to look for porn
- Protect your kids from looking at porn
- Addicted to pornography and wants to reboot
If you find inappropriate (adult) content, that is not blocked by safari, please drop us a line. We will fix it:
* Improved overall performance and stability
Have a blessed day!
Ratings and Reviews
good at blocking porn, also blocks many other things
This content blocker app is good at what its name says it does: blocking porn. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to block many other things that aren't porn. This is rather frustrating and (assuming you haven't restricted enabling/disabling the app) results in the fairly frequent need to disable the blocker to view articles/sites that have nothing to do with porn. I wish the blocker were smarter and provided a way to whitelist specific sites or domains.
• Overzealous in blocking porn. It seems to filter out sites using a word search, with many of those words having fairly common usage in non-porn contexts. Other words that are nearly only used in the context of porn AREN'T blocked — maybe they're too niche for the app writer to be aware of? Would be good if there were a way to suggest words.
• Constantly blocks pages on Wikipedia and technical articles. As someone who browses Wikipedia a lot, this is really annoying. I'd love it if I could whitelist the domain.
• Blocks some sites that couldn't conceivably be considered porn. Articles, how-to guides, medical/health information, ... maps...
This app is an answer to prayer. I come from a marriage destroyed by pornography which led to more extreme behaviors. Raising a son, I've been super concerned about protecting him. Why are we putting mini computers in the hands of children where they can access stuff that can destroy their lives?? I asked God to lead me to something like this! All of the other filters I have seen replace safari with another browser that does not work well. This app filters safari instead. Jonathan is great about answering questions and helping and he is so quick to reply. I couldn't be happier to have found this. I recommended it to kids in the youth group at my church last night where I am a leader. Thanking God I found this app!
Yes it makes it so you won't be able to see some pages and things that don't contain pornography, but it also blocks any pornography on it making it very safe to surf the web wheather you are trying to break a habit or just avoid pornography. Yeah you do give up a little bit of your freedom with some things and websites that are completely harmless, but it also keeps anything close to porn away. I use to have a bad habit of watching porn and it ruined my life and the way I saw women for a while, I'm trying to avoid falling back into that bad habit and this is a great app for it, I nolonger need to worry about running into it while im on my phone again.
- Jonathan Arnold
- 13.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Jonathan Arnold
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.