Ridebot - Explore. Have + fun.
By Adrian Tofan
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
RideBot is the voice-guided GPS navigation app that doesn't require maps and it works without mounting your iPhone on the handlebars. Used by mountain bikers who love to explore new tracks and still want to enjoy their ride.
Instead of always showing you what's next, RideBot tells you what to do when needed. Human brain cannot concentrate on terrain and read maps in the same time. This is why RideBot speaks to you so that you relax and have fun even when riding new and unknown tracks.
It is designed to work off-road, where traditional navigation solutions usually don't work. It uses virtual cues so that it doesn't need a traditional map or a road network.
RideBot is simple. It has only the features you absolutely need while riding.
* no handle mount required. Keep your phone in your backpack or handy on your arm band. Works with the built in speaker or earphones.
* make routes from tracks by adding and editing cues on a real map. Cues are special instructions that RideBot uses for navigation
* record your own tracks in full detail conserving position, altitude, precision, speed and course.
* import, export, share your routes and tracks as GPX files. Send them by email, load them from the web or share them with your preferred sharing service.
* builtin counter tracks times and distances. It displays your position relative to the track with useful informations if ever you get off track.
* spoken navigation instructions in your phone's language. Where to turn and what kind of turn to expect. Regular updates about the next waypoint. It detects when you go in the wrong way and when you skip route segments. When you get off track it helps you find your way back.
* works completely off line. It doesn't require network connectivity while riding and saves battery by doing so.
* no lengthy download and doesn't require massive storage to keep maps.
* simpler routes . As it knows your intended path you don't need to be told about every turn of the road in order to stay on track. Moreover you usually follow existing paths, further reducing the number turn cues.
* no accounts required to use. As you don't need an user account to ride, you don't need one to use RideBot
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
You'l be surprised how much ride time you can have while using RideBot. While riding you should put you phone off line, so that it doesn't use the battery by trying to connect to the cellular network. It works with the screen turned off and it doesn't display expensive 3D graphics.
Nevertheless you should plan and ride carefully and know what to do in case of an exceptional situation or emergency.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
We’re deeply grateful you jumped right in as an early adopter of Ridebot on iOS! This is our second update for trace discovery and easier GPX import. All these new features are based on your amazing feedback.
Here’s what we have added in this new update, 1.1.1:
* Explore and search new traces in France from our partner Utagawa VTT.
* Create an universal GPX URL on www.ridebotapp.com/deeplink.html which, when used will open the GPX file directly in Ridebot.
* New route examples form our latest event participation.
We are always grateful when you share your feedback with us, either here by writing a review, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Dec 10, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 43.0 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Adrian Tofan
- © Adrian Tofan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.