Tap into your local Waze community to find friends, neighbors, and coworkers going your way. See someone you’d like to carpool with? Just ask for a ride!
Why carpool with Waze? Ask our community:
- Meet great people - “People are very diverse, so it’s a great experience to make friends”—Victoria Johnson
- Save time & money - “It’s priceless for me to spend between $3.50 and $5 to get me where I need to be on time”
- Control your commute - “I love the flexibility and control over my life”
Ready to give carpooling a try?
NOTE: Waze Carpool is currently available in the United States, Brazil, and Israel. Keep it installed and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available in your area!
Make the most of your commute with this helpful update:
- Had trouble connecting your Google Pay account to Waze Carpool? You can now easily switch your account.
Ratings and Reviews
Improved some things, made other things worse
I am an early user of Waze Carpool, and the format is definitely a bit easier to use than before. Having designated days available for carpool and seeing the drivers is an upgrade.
The app itself is still very slow. It should be optimized so I don’t keep getting the error “Try saving again”.
(1) It’s much much much more difficult to request for a ride more than 4 days ahead of time. Sometimes my destination for one day in the next week is different and I have to plan ahead of time. However, I can’t even book a ride ahead of time like before! It was definitely helpful before to schedule a ride ahead of time so people can see if they’re available.
(2) when I request for a ride, and the driver declines, I don’t get a notification or anything. All that happens is that the driver shows up on the list to be requested again. I think there should be pre-written messages for after the driver declines the ride, to let the rider know what’s going on. For example, after declining the ride, the driver can choose between the messages: Can’t carpool today/ Time doesn’t match mine/ Too far.
(3) please notify the drivers at least one day ahead of time instead of a few hours on the day of. I have had times when I moved my schedule around to catch a ride and the driver tells me he forgot about it.
Update should fix the app but it just made it worse!
I have been using Waze Carpool for about half a year now and it was fine until that huge update on February! It made the app worst, it was the worst you will just get frustrated everytime you use it! Let me tell you why
1. Before it matches you with drivers walking distance from your house or your destination. Now it will match you with people at least a half a mile away from your house and will drop you off half a mile away from your work.
2. I already have 2 regular drivers who I carpooled with most of the time and even them hates the app, why? We can’t see each other anymore after the update, it just matches you with new people, we, the one who have been using the app for so long, they want us to became their guinea pig, they matches you with new people every single day.
3. You get pick up at stupid pick up points like for example there was many times it wants me to get pickup at a location two blocks away from my house when the driver would pass by my house first before the pickup location 🤷🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️
4. There is always “internal errors”. Opening the app errors. Accepting the ride offer errors. Sending a request error. Messaging error. Submitting a review error. Even emailing them also has error, you complain but they give you like general message that has been copy paste from FAQ.
No matter how cheap and efficient this is, if it keeps being a problem and a frustration everyday, its not worth it to use it.
Awful. I ended up late to work
This app is terrible and riders beware.
At first, it seemed good to use as an alternative to lyft or driving alone, and cheap. Riders can use Waze Carpool messenger to message the driver and vice versa. All seemed good so far as driver was picked and we messaged to each other about the destination. The next day, the only thing the driver messaged was he woke up late 10 minutes before pick up time. Then, no response. He didn’t bother to message or call me if he was still coming to pick me up while I am in the cold waiting until designated time. And once you click the “I am here” button, it doesn’t seem like you can cancel. Not to mention you cannot leave a review for drivers. I am sure if driver was on time and had no problems, it would be a great app to use. HOWEVER, if drivers or riders become a problem, it becomes a headache. My first impression and first non ride of Waze Carpool is terrible and I will just stick with commuting alone.
Waze Carpool is a social Carpool service, and regretfully on some rare occasions drivers or riders do not show up to a ride they committed to. We take this very seriously, including blocking users from the service. Please send us full details to email@example.com and we'll handle it immediately.
The Waze Carpool team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.