Super simple Subtitle player: Search & Play!
~~~ FIND ~~~
– Search movies and TV series through the huge OpenSubtitles.org online database
– Or import your own subtitles!
– Find subtitles in your preferred language (OpenSubtitles.org offers 70+ languages)
– Binge watching? Tired to write? Get to the next episode and even to the next season quickly with E+1 and S+1 buttons.
~~~ PLAY! ~~~
– The subtitle file starts playing right after you choose it in the list
– Full-screen experience
– Play/Pause button if you need a break
– Use the scrub bar to find your favorite scene
– Delay or advance in time, so you stay synced with your video
– Pinch to resize the text of the subtitles
– Change the font, color, size, encoding
~~~ SHARE ~~~
– Send the subtitles with any messaging app (WhatsApp, Messenger…) to share them with your friends!
– Export to any other app, such as video players
– Quick share with AirDrop or iCloud Drive to find them on your Mac/PC
~~~ TIPS ~~~
– Perfect if you do not want to see the subtitles spoiling the screen on top of your movie/TV series!
– This is also useful to perfect your English (or any foreign language depending on the original version), since you focus on the voices more than reading every word, especially if the subtitles are translated. Put your iOS device somewhere near, you'll get used to check the subtitles only when you'd be lost!
– Use a keyboard on iPad to make it stand in front of you, and navigate easier with the keyboard shortcuts
– Get back to your ongoing show with 3D Touch actions on the app icon
Completely free and unlimited, with ads that can be easily removed.
Enjoy, feel free to send your feedback: @tomn94
Subtle Subtitles has found many users, thank you all!
Your feedbacks help shaping the app.
– New Automatic Encoding Detection mode!
– Supports many new encodings, including Arabic
– Double tap in the center of the Player to Play/Pause, or on the sides to Skip Back/Forward 3 seconds
– Player controls now auto-hide more quickly
– iPhone X support
– Improvements for iOS 11, the new search bar should not overlap with buttons anymore
– Dynamic Type support
– Tweaks for Right-To-Left languages
– Fixed crash when loading Languages list
– Better indications for Family In-App Purchases
– Fixed suggestions capitalization
Feel free to rate the app if you like it!
You can contact me on Twitter for any feedback: @tomn94
Ratings and Reviews
Works fine now
When I downloaded in Feb it didn’t function at all.
It works fine now and I paid for the “no ads” feature, which was quick and easy for $1.99 US.
Sorry for the inconvenience, our subtitles provider was down in early February.
Please don’t hesitate to get back to us if subtitles are still unavailable to you.
I have used this app a lot when I’m watching movies with no CC. It’s been perfect
This is way better than any of the subtitles apps b/c there aren't any mistakes like from youtube CC! I can read and understand any movies and tv shows very well. But there's one thing that needed to be fixed is i cannot search any more subtitles after my movie/show is finished.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.