Save a trip to the lumber store by planning your project with precision. KerfMaker makes sure you get just enough wood for your woodworking project.
Designed by a woodworker, KerfMaker has the tools you need to help keep your lumber costs low and your project together. With KerfMaker's project planner, you'll assemble a precise list of boards needed to get your project done – and make sure you only need to make one trip to the lumber yard or hardware store.
“...easy to learn, very useful. Sorts my parts quickly. Worth the purchase!”
- Esther85839350, App Store Review
"Though this has potential in the shop, it’s in project planning and shopping where this [app] on a mobile device really could shine.”
- Tim C., Popular Woodworking author
ORGANIZE AND PLAN
Pick your boards, plan your cuts and put it all in one place.
Use the parts list to keep track of everything you need to assemble.
Organize your projects with photos, and share existing projects with other woodworkers.
SAVE MONEY ON SUPPLIES
We’ll help make sure you’re buying exactly the wood you need to finish your project, so you’ll have less waste — and more money to put toward your next perfectly crafted project.
Keep your own library of materials and prices based on your local store.
SPEND LESS TIME SHOPPING
Take KerfMaker to the store and check off your boards as you pick them up - you'll never find you missed any needed lumber again.
• Our smart algorithm figures out how to cut your boards into parts
• Your customized board cut plan accounts for kerf width and wood orientation
• The materials summary shows cost and weight of your boards
• Plan your project in imperial (inches, feet) or metric (millimeters, meters) measurement systems
• Projects can include multiple materials and wood thicknesses
• Edit price and density in the materials library
• Board cut plans are zoomable, scrollable, and printable
• Woodworking authors and instructors can easily share parts lists
Several new features are available:
- Default prices have been added to the material library
- Two examples are now provided: a simple one and a complex one
- A review request makes it easy to add a rating and review
- Optional Google analytics and crash analysis will help improve the user interface
- Fix for board deletion/duplication sometimes not getting saved
- Fix for project image sometimes not getting saved
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful, works great
App works exactly as advertised, easy to learn, very useful. Sorts my parts quickly. Worth the purchase!
Super useful. Save trips to/from home depot!
Doesn't work at ALL. After creating a cut list and then imputing the material you have, it goes into a spinning orange wheel of death which it never comes out of. Waste of money. Wish I could get refunded.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you were disappointed. Please try the latest version of KerfMaker, which is much faster, and let me know how it works. If you still have trouble with it, I would very much like to know details of how it was being used so I can fix it if needed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.