Banner Saga 2
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The epic award winning story-based role-playing game continues its emotional journey across a breaking world.
Lead your Viking clans across hostile country on the brink of collapse. Make bold leadership decisions, manage resources wisely and strike skillfully in battle to survive another day in the harsh wild.
Experience the epic story that took the indie gaming world by storm in Banner Saga 2!
KEY GAME FEATURES
• Hand-drawn visuals – Gorgeous 2D combat sequences, animations and effects
• The saga continues – Carry on your story and choices from The Banner Saga or jump into the adventure from scratch with pre-set character options.
• Viking mythology – A truly epic setting inspired by real Viking myths
• Tactical combat – Improved, turn-based battles demand precision and strategy
• RPG upgrades – Level up your characters’ stats and unlock devastating new moves
• Hard choices – Choose wisely in and out of battle as danger lurks around each corner
• Real consequences – Permanent loss of characters will weigh heavy on your mind
• New characters and a new race – New faces, including the new Horseborn race, join your epic journey
• Manage your caravan - Your role in building and managing your caravan is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization
• Evocative score - Soundtrack by Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
Struggle for survival in a brutal and breaking world in Banner Saga 2, the merciless strategy role-playing game where your choices really matter.
Download Banner Saga 2 and begin your epic journey today.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Fix for frequent crash on low memory devices including iPad 2, iPod 5, iPad Mini 1
Fix for occasional crash on higher memory devices
Reduce video stuttering during playback
Improve initial game loading time for players with zero iCloud save files
The Game Gets 3 Stars...
As a game to play, I give it 3 stars. And that's after the improvements they introduced over the original TBS. The bad? You have to spend your currency to level up your characters. This means that you have to decide whether you want to feed your caravan or have better fighters. There are a lot of really cool items that give your people really awesome buffs that I never bothered to purchase from the merchant because I needed food and leveled up heroes. To be fair, maybe I'm missing something about how to gain more renown from battles than I did. The good? The story, though based on Norse mythology, is still very original. Though I'm not a big fan of the battle system, I did enjoy the choose-your-own adventure style. The artwork is superb. The soundtrack and voice acting is world class. Good enough to add a whole 'nother star to my review.
Great continuity, fleshing out original
Final verdict: buy and satisfied, but quality was less than expected in terms of the performance on the device.
It is part 2 of the story, but with more complicated player attributes. So if you liked the first you probably like the second more.
I'd say the only thing I didn't care for is the story jumps back and forth between the main protagonists too much, as their storylines are really dissimilar, and therefore it is like reading one book and then abruptly putting it down and reading another.
Gameplay wise, I only really didn't care for the inability to clearly see where movement is possible on some terrains, so you'd move the character to a point to find out the there is an obstruction and your plan won't work.
Finally, the game was rather buggy on my 1st gen iPad Air, and much worst on the survival mode, so much that I cannot advance as it will crash after every battle, triggering a loss. If this was fixed it'd be 5stars, and I'd say I was dissatisfied with the concept of the survival mode, wishing it was more like an endless wave verses the abridged campaign it is.
Excellent Strategy Game
This turn based strategy game is deep and nuanced, allowing for a wide variety of approaches to each level. Whether you prefer to turtle your way through enemies with heavy armor troops, pick off enemies with an archer-focused team, or play with a sneaky mage team - it's all available in various combinations.
My two critiques for Stoic Games are: 1) please have an editor take a look at the narrative text; it's so slow, repetitive, boring, and predictable, and 2) Survival Mode is impossible because the game crashes so much on my iPhone 6 and I lose a life with each crash. Please fix this.
I still gave 5 stars because this is such an interesting game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 17, 2016
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 3.31 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish
- Seller: Stoic LLC
- © 2016 Stoic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Survival Mode$1.99