RadioPublic is an easy to use podcast app for iPhone that makes listening to podcasts simple. Podcasts in our catalog can be streamed or downloaded so you can listen without using mobile data. Our Podcast Librarians highlight award-winning podcasts from our vast directory, picking shows at the top of podcast charts from NPR, WNYC and PRX like This American Life, Criminal and Serial for new listeners, while digging deep to feature small indie podcasts for more experienced listeners.
Whether you are new to podcasts and not sure where to start, or a long-time listener following dozens of podcasts, RadioPublic is the podcast app for you.
*** Here is what a few publications have to say about what we’re doing ***
*** Boston Globe *** “RadioPublic... headquartered at Harvard’s Launch Lab startup office, is trying to build a better podcast app, one that will remove nagging roadblocks for podcast creators and listeners alike.”
*** FastCompany *** “...incorporating as a public benefit corporation, RadioPublic will have its public good-focused mission emblazoned in its corporate charter, ensuring future leaders don’t lose sight of its founding principles.”
*** Huge podcast catalog from podcasters around the world. ***
There are more than 300,000 podcasts and 15 million episodes with podcasts in dozens of languages. Picking something to hear can be overwhelming, so while you can search for any podcast our Podcast Librarians handpick and highlight shows too.
• Browse podcasts organized into dozens of categories like: News & Current Events, Portraits of People, Interviews with Musicians and Shows that Talk about Pop Culture.
• Sample episodes within curated playlists created by podcast experts, superfans and listeners like you.
• View popular podcasts that are trending on RadioPublic.
• Discover and listen to audio books that have been published as podcasts.
• Listen to podcasts from popular networks like Gimlet, Radiotopia, BBC, Earwolf, Maximum Fun, HowStuffWorks and the CBC.
*** Benefits for everyone ***
RadioPublic is a FREE app and does not require an account or social login to browse or listen.
• Download episodes while on WiFi and listen without using mobile data.
• Tap play and stream podcast episodes without waiting for a download.
• Add episodes to your queue and create a personal continuous playlist.
• Share favorite podcasts and episodes with friends.
• Frequent app updates from nice people who love podcasts and podcasters.
*** Useful features for power listeners ***
• Smart Folders help you organize your shows and episodes and apply filters.
• Set up auto-downloads and new episodes from your shows will be available offline.
• Enable notifications and we'll let you know when new episodes are published.
• Add any podcast, including private RSS feeds like those offered to Patreon supporters.
• Import and export your shows using OPML import.
*** How podcasters can benefit from RadioPublic ***
• Podcasters can be paid when people listen to your show in RadioPublic.
• We don’t re-host your audio files so stats appear in your hosting dashboard.
• Message your most loyal listeners with Affinity Promotions.
Learn more at: https://about.radiopublic.com
Need some help? Get in touch at: email@example.com
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/radiopublicpbc
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/radiopublic
RadioPublic is a Public Benefit Corporation and our mission, as embedded in our certificate of incorporation, is:
To help listeners discover, engage with, and reward creators of stories, podcasts, and other audio. We share public media’s educational, artistic, and journalistic mission, and the democratic values of open access to information. We are committed to operating a platform that fairly values creators’ work, respects users’ privacy and information rights, and benefits all participants.
How you feeling? (hot, hot hot) Man, it's hot, like, super crazy hot here in Boston. Hope you stay cool like Buster Poindexter.
So we've been working on some super neat new stuff. If you're the sort of person that enjoys, living on the edge, trying stuff early and seeing' things in a different way, let us know (email, Twitter, message on a paper airplane) or call me, my number is in the app.
While you've been smushing mosquitoes, greenheads and blackflies this summer, we've been busy squishing bugs of our own. Oh, also Letterkenny. /Matt
Ratings and Reviews
Sooo annoying and user-unfriendly!
I started using this app to listen to the Radiotopia shows I like, in order to support them. At first, I liked a couple of advantages this app had over Stitcher, which I’ve listened to for years: it had fast-forward in 15-second increments, and had at least one podcast that Stitcher didn’t: The Tobolowsky Files. The “radio mode” sounded good, too, though I’ve never ended up using it yet.
But now I can’t even find the fast forward button any more, and the Radiotopia playlist I created is nowhere to be found. Such a list is there, but it has lots of shows I never subscribed to, and I can’t find the list of just the Radiotopia shows that I put together. I go back and forth between the profile page and settings and other pages I find, but feel like I’m in a maze trying to use this app. It’s terrible! I had enough, and just now deleted it.
Bummer your experience with the app wasn't a positive one, though it isn't typical. Wish you would have reached out prior to writing your review and deleting the app (firstname.lastname@example.org) I'm sure I could have answered your questions with a quick response and improved your experience. /Matt
Unfortunately, this app has gone downhill significantly in the past few weeks. Constantly crashing, unresponsive buttons when tapped and I can’t get ahold of customer support after reaching out multiple times. Really disappointing. Changing my review to 1 star until these issues are fixed
This app is awesome! Very easy to use, great features for discovering new shows. It also allows you to organize your subscriptons into folders that you create and name yourself, a feature that is lacking in almost every other player. And my FAVORITE feature so far is the fact that if you find that they do not carry a show that you're looking for, you can reach out to them with the name of the show and they will add it. I have gotten a good 6 shows added in the last week alone. Thrilled that I found this app!
Hey Amy, stinks you are having this experience. I looked through our help system (email@example.com) and wasn't able to find your emails. Mind trying again? It'd be great to track this down for you. /Matt
Concept great! I want it to work better
Hey guys! Love the shows. So glad there’s an app like this out there for the avid podcast listener such as myself. A few big glitches like not being able to skip an episode without the app crashing which distracts me. I struggle through it bc I love the radio mode and new shows this app exposes me to. I would love to see playlists. I know they exist but it’s hard to navigate to them through the app. I would also love to make playlists for others based on theme and subject matter. If someone could help me out with that, I would appreciate it. Thanks! Keep up the good work!
Hey there! We just published an update (1.9.5) that includes a bunch of fixes for playback and download issues. If you'd like to get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) I can help out with the other things you mentioned. /Matt
- RADIOPUBLIC PBC
- 95.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 RadioPublic A Public Benefit Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.