Turbulence forecasts, weather explanations and real-time commenting on what is happening right now during your specific flight. All in flight mode!
*****Featured as one of the 10 Great Gifts for Travelers by Forbes*****
*****Featured as one of the 10 Best Travel Tips of All Time by Condé Nast Traveler*****
Do you feel discomfort during flight?
Do you need more information about what’s going on at every step?
Or, perhaps, you love to fly and just want to learn more about aviation and understand it better?
SkyGuru provides passengers with detailed explanations of most the processes that are happening during the flight.
All in REAL time!
Flying with SkyGuru is just like flying next to an experienced pilot!
Imagine sitting next to a pilot who could explain every sound, every turn, every sensation you are feeling, warned you about any upcoming turbulent areas, and just turned your flying experience into a conscious process. SkyGuru – is your personal guide in the world of aviation.
SkyGuru was created by a professional pilot Alex Gervash, director of “Flying without Fear” – a center for studying and treatment of aerophobia. The application receives information about an upcoming flight from professional aviation resources used by airlines around the world to plan their flight routes. With the help of your iPhone sensors and thousands of algorithms in the program, the app recognizes various stages of the flight process and accompanies you during the entire trip. It supports, teaches, comments, and explains everything that’s going on during the flight in real time.
The application works in FLIGHT MODE during the actual flight!
- Forecasts and warnings for most turbulent areas on flight route, including approximate time of entry and duration of each.
- Description of weather conditions at the departure airport and explanations of how they may affect your sensations during take-off.
- Calculation of the flight time with current winds.
- Explanations of possible delays, waiting times for take-off, etc.
- Real-time explanations of most sounds, which could worry the passengers (e.g. landing gear sounds, changing flaps, etc.).
- Explanations of possible “dipping / falling through” sensations due to vestibular apparatus’ incorrect perception of the actual plane position.
- Advice on choosing your seat in an airplane and preferred boarding times according to your flight itinerary.
- Updated information on weather conditions at your destination airport, their influence on landing approach and your sensations during it.
- Warnings about higher probability for going around due to current weather conditions.
- Turbulence graph and current G-force values created by turbulence.
- Flight speed and altitude, given a stable GPS signal (available when seated by the window).
- Airplane nose positions relative to horizon and airplane bank angles relative to horizon when turning.
- 3D airplane model of its relative position in space with banks, ditches, and turbulence influence.
- Explanations of expected maneuvers after take-off and shortly before landing.
- Explanations of cabin procedures, such as: “why does the light blink,” “why do we open window blinds,” as well as answers to many other questions that may worry passengers. All in real time.
- Unique helpful methods and exercises that are designed to assist passengers with aerophobia to overcome fear and make their flight more enjoyable.
- Flight knowledge and aviation education, as well as interesting facts about airplane safety.
1.Speed and altitude are only available with GPS signal.
2.The app can only be used on a REAL flight.
3.If you have any questions, please contact us. We are always happy to support you.
ATTENTION: FULL FLIGHT NUMBER SHOULD BE USED, INCLUDING AIRLINE PREFIX, NOT EARLIER THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT.
Ratings and Reviews
Best money I've ever spent
This app changed my life. I used to get anxious days before a flight and dread getting on a plane. Now I don't mind it at all! It has allowed me to travel comfortably and not fear death every time the plane hits some turbulence. I use it every flight and it's worth every penny!
Thanks a lot for your feedback. We're happy to help.
Don’t download this version of the app
After you pay the $20 and open the app a message comes up telling you that there is a new version of the app and that the one you just paid for will no longer be supported. It converts your $20 payment for the app into a one year subscription to the new app. This is extremely deceptive as many people like me will think they are paying $20 for unlimited access to the app instead of a subscription.
Hi and thank you for your review. We made a new version that has dozens of new features. IT has offline moving map, sky guide with most interesting POI that you can see during your flight, augumented reality and more. Although it's amazing , we can not continue providing unlimited access to the new version.
Considering thousands of people downloaded the old, "PRO" version before we've launched the new one - we can not just delete it from the store.
So, we offer two options:
first - you can have old "PRO" version for 20 $ and unlimited access, but without new features which are available in the new version.
second - you're invited to upgrade to a new version and we'll provide you as well as all "pro" users with 1-year subscription. So, you get much better product but 1 year instead of life time.
The choice is yours. Thank you for using SkyGuru.
Rude app's owner
The app shows the wrong departure/arrival time. After pointing out to the app's owner to this issue, got the rude judgmental comment for being perfectionist.... da, flight app with the wrong departure time?? Seriously?? Overall, second use of the app doesn't give you any new info, except for turbulence zones may be, postfactum...
1. Sorry , if you've got the feeling of judgmental comment . It was a joke and it was not related specific to you .
2. We've explained to you also that the departure time is shown wrong because the summer time issue , and we've mentioned that the issue will be fixed the same day .
3. all altitudes in aviation world are shown above mean sea level , that's why you've got 500 feet altitude reading on landing .
4. The information provided every flight is different if the weather / turbulence / departure/ arrival maneuvers are different . Also general aviation knowledge facts are different each flight (there are 100 of it and they are showed randomly) . The rest must be the same as each flight follows strict pattern of processes and occurrences.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.