Not sure whether new furniture will fit and how it will look in your room? Take the guesswork out of online furniture shopping. Room Remix lets you view real furniture and décor products in your home using augmented reality before you buy them.
How it works:
1. Open the Room Remix App and point your phone to a room area like the floor or a table you’d like to decorate.
2. Search the catalog and add one or multiple products into your room scene.
3. Arrange and rearrange products in the scene by moving and rotating them to get an accurate view of selected products in your home.
3. Take a picture of the decorated scene and share it with your family and friends to get a second opinion or coordinate with your interior designer.
4. Buy selected furniture and décor products from trusted online brands.
5. Enjoy your new room.
Why use Room Remix?
※ Visualize how furniture looks and fits before buying!
※ Create exciting and unique visual content for blogs and social media.
ARKit support. Walk around and see furniture in your room live! iPad Support.
Ratings and Reviews
Potential to be a great app!
I think it’s a really great app and super helpful. I did notice a few things though. In the emails that get sent out, the directions say to first take a picture of your space then add your furniture items. This is a little confusing because you can’t add the furniture to the pictures.. you add them in the augmented space. So maybe instead of “take a picture of the space” it should say “view the space with your camera”?
Another things I noticed, was I clicked to buy items and my browser opened, and when I went back into the room remix app, the furniture had moved (first they were by the shelves and counter, and they moved next to the window which is on the opposite side of the room).
Last two things.. the carpets didn’t seem to “lay” on the floor.. they seemed to sort of hover a couple inches above. It was noticeable next to a sofa because the edge of the carpet was not aligned the to foot of my actual sofa. And lastly, most of the combinations of furniture that I used worked well with each other. They didn’t distort one another or overlap oddly. This desk/chair combo could’ve been wonky if designed poorly by they do not interfere with each other and that was impressive.
Overall, the app works really well, and was self explanatory to someone who uses a touch screen. I did not need directions on how to use the app for a basic usage, nor did I need directions for manipulating the furniture once it was placed in the environment.
Only superimposes an image of furniture and household items in 2D onto a picture you take in the application. There is no way to move around the object and see how it would actually work in the space. I deleted it 5 minutes after loading it.
This is a great Product and a really cool use of technology! It would have saved me a ton of time on office furniture layout and I will definitely use this in the future! Highly recommended.
- Praxik LLC
- 78.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Praxik LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.