Learn to draw or perfect your drawing skills with Da Vinci Eye!
This app overlays an image that you want to draw over a real piece of paper using your device's camera. If you look through your phone, while it is above your canvas, it creates a virtual projection that you can trace. This enables you to create realistic looking artwork with perfect proportions, shading, and colors.
How does it work?
You place your iPhone or iPad above or behind your canvas. When you look through your phone you will be able to see both the image and the canvas at the same time. Think of it kind of like a projector or light board, but you can only see the projection when you look through your phone.
The cool thing is that you can zoom in both the camera and the overlay image at the same to pick up micro details in your drawing or scale the drawing to any size that you want.
By using Da Vinci you will be training your eye how to recognize proportions, identify differences in values and colors, and your hand to make to pleasing lines and stokes on paper.
What can I use this for?
For any level of artist... you can use this app to trace pictures or use Da Vinci as a tool to periodically check your proportions as you draw free hand. How many times have you been drawing a portrait only to realize that the nose or the eye is in the wrong place? You can use this app to lay everything out before you begin, or to check your work as you go along.
You can use this app to combine multiple images into one drawing... for example placing an animal's head on a person's body ...
You can use this app to write intricate lettering on anything...
You can use this app to create anamorphic drawings that look 3D...
The possibilities are endless!
- Make drawing or paintings of any size
- In app video tutorials on how to use Da Vinci Eye
- Feed to curated YouTube drawing tutorials to help you learn
- Add any picture you can download or have on your phone
- Filters to apply to your images to make drawing easier
- Zoom in to capture micro details in your drawings
- Strobe picture on and off so that you can compare your drawing to the actual image
- Excellent app support!
What is new here?
- New image breakdown mode... separates the image you want to draw into different shades for you to trace.
- Adjust the focus of the camera.
- Resume last drawing session
- Improved UI (Looks a lot nicer)
- Lessons Step by step lessons to teach you how to draw without the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Loved the app..
I use this app all the time, or at least I used to. Anytime I try to use it and it makes me watch an ad, it crashes after I sit through the ad. I understand that money has to be made somehow, but if I can’t even use the app, it makes it really frustrating. I just have to keep circling through the cycle of watching ads and crashing until I get one lucky start where it doesn’t force me to watch an ad. I would really appreciate if the developers fixed the crash after watching the ad so I can actually use it. Overall great app, though.
Hey Tooterhootch! thanks for the review and email, I'll be adding back the pause button as well as a few new features this weekend :)
Love this app!
I have always loved drawing free hand, but have never been fully confident in my ability. With this app I have been able to further my love for drawing with results that are good enough for a perfectionist. Love the “lessons” feature as well.
Even I can draw !
I didn't think that it would ever be possible but after always wanting to learn how to draw I just completed my first picture. Thanks to Davinci eye I have a portrait of my niece ready for her first birthday.
- Cube MG LLC
- 34.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cube MG LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.