Throw away that three ring binder! Store hundreds or even thousands of songs right on your iPhone. Super easy song editing, on-the-fly transposing, autoscrolling, bluetooth foot pedal control, lyrics projection, setlists, fast searching, sharing, dark mode - it's all there. Used by performers, song writers, music therapists, worship leaders, and music teachers. It even replaces that old family song book!
Here’s a very brief summary of what SongSheet can do. A user manual with more comprehensive information is available on the SongSheet website.
Manage your song library and set lists:
• Unlimited songs and set lists
• Write your own songs or easily copy and paste them from the web or any other source
• Move and reorder songs and sets within a set list
• Set lists and sets display the total duration for all included songs
• Easily create duplicates of your songs or even entire set lists
• Import and export songs in the following formats: ChordPro, plain text, OnSong, PDF (see IMPORTANT note on limitations below), and DSBsoft's Song Sheet 5 for Windows
• Import songs via AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Dropbox and other cloud storage providers, iTunes File Sharing, or opened from another application
• Built-in support for importing songs from WorshipReady.com (3rd-party service; requires a separate subscription)
(Important note: SongSheet cannot currently convert PDFs created from scans or services like SongSelect; the basic rule is, if you cannot copy and paste the song text out of the PDF into a plain text editor, SongSheet can't import it, either.)
Powerful song editing:
• Purpose-built editor for WYSIWYG chord chart creation with support for comments and tablature
• Quickly transpose a song or set a capo; all chords in the song are instantly updated
• The keyboard is augmented with an editable chord palette for easy chord entry
• Drag and drop stanzas to change the arrangement
• Drag and drop chords within the song for perfect chord placement
• Quickly edit a chord using the chord editor
Easy sharing and printing options:
• Share songs and set lists with other band members via AirDrop, Messages and email
• Easily send your songs and set lists to your iPad running SongSheet Pro via AirDrop
• Print your set lists and songs directly to supported AirPrint printers. For songs, you have control over page size, orientation, margins, font styles, line spacing, whether to include chords, etc
Perform in style:
• Beautiful and cleanly rendered chord charts
• Use auto scroll, construct an arrangement or use a Bluetooth foot-pedal to effortlessly move through your song without missing a beat
• Includes built-in themes for performance (under lights or out in the open)
• Display your lyrics on the big screen so your audience can follow/sing along. This is especially useful for congregational singing in churches
• Add any backing track from your music library
SongSheet is being continually updated and improved. If there is something you'd like to see in the app, I'd love to hear from you!
Keep the beat while autoscrolling songs with the new metronome; export songs in bulk via Mail or Files; plus lots of bug fixes and refinements to make using SongSheet even better.
# New features
- Added an experimental bpm indicator (metronome); by defaul it is turned on, but you can disable it through SongSheet's settings
- Export songs in bulk in supported formats and share via email or save to Files
- start/stop autoscrolling by pressing the Space key on an external keyboard or via Bluetooth foot pedal
- added a new "Export Songs" option to the all songs list that lets you save an archive of all your songs
- export a complete set list to ChordPro format as a single file
- Made it easier to drag to reposition chords in a song, and improved the visual feedback while dragging
- Made it easier to tap to select a chord when using a small font in the song view
- Made it easier to place the cursor anywhere on a chord-only line with a single tap rather than a long press
- Lines with copyright information are now recognised when importing a plain text song file
- When showing the popup song list from the song view, the list now scrolls to and highlights the currently visible song
- In the All songs view:
- added the ability to select all/deselect all songs in the list
- added a confirmation step when deleting songs in edit mode
- added the ability to export selected songs in any supported format, including via drag and drop
- The notes editor will now automatically receive keyboard focus when displayed while editing a song
- Song tempo is now optional
- Added the ability to import setlist and theme files from the import file browser
- Added Hungarian translation (thanks Ákos!)
- when generating a PDF or print of a setlist, any duplicated songs are now only included once
- small improvements to handling of some text files in non-standard text encoding formats
- tweaks to ChordPro import and export for better handling of stanza-related tags
- ChordPro output now only uses # for sharp and b for flat in chords and song key, as not all ChordPro-aware programs could handle the musical symbols
# Bug fixes
- Fixed an issue with playback of Apple Music tracks added after upgrading to iOS 11
- Fixed an issue where sometimes trying to import a song or data backup from another app would launch SongSheet but not actually import the file
- Fixed some memory leaks in the song editor that would eventually result in a crash
- Fixed various crashes that occurred when dictating song lyrics
- Fixed an issue with chords disappearing under certain circumstances when deleting the very last character in a line
- Fixed an issue where copying a stanza and pasting it over and over would result in all copies being highlighted when you tap on any of them to highlight it
- Fixed an issue where importing a set list with a large number of songs could result in a nonresponsive user interface after completion
- fixed an issue on iOS 11.3 that could result in backing tracks automatically playing when displaying the song
- tempo now updates again when tapping the hare/tortoise icons in the set tempo popover
- fixed an issue with editing a custom chord where the custom chord name would default to "C" rather than the chord's actual value
- make sure the Library view is updated with the correct song count after importing set lists or adding new songs
Ratings and Reviews
Total waste of money...
Apparently the iPhone version of this app it’s not the same as the iPad version. After going through the manual online I came to realize you cannot edit the themes. You’re stuck with three themes that are pretty much useless and I could not find any information in regards to the iPhone version versus the iPad version. I went ahead and purchased Onsong app which has all the options that I need so instead of saving $15 I wasted $10 but now I know.
Pricey little little thing
$10 for a simple text + chord app?!
I bought it simply to work together with another musician - good for you - you've got some market share - receiving a generous dollar for very little development effort. I have several much more sophisticated music apps for a few dollars.
BTW it doesn't even let me open an attached songsheet doc attached to text message.
Developer Response ,
Hey there, if you contact me via the official support channels I can try to help you out with the import issue.
In regards to buying the app just to work with another musician already using SongSheet - I've done my best not to lock anyone into having to use SongSheet, by supporting the widely used ChordPro format for both import and export, and also PDF for export, so you could have just had your friend send you files in some other format and use whatever programs you already had.
Everything is great!
No more messy music sheets everywhere!
- Ghostdust Pty Ltd
- 36.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Ghostdust Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.